Skip to main content
Topic: Edit Max Year in Calendar? (Read 3024 times) previous topic - next topic

Edit Max Year in Calendar?

Hi there!

I run a story writing community on an Elkarte board, set in the future. Is it possible to edit the max year in the Calendar so that I can post story events for the year 2381? If the max year is edited, it would allow for my members to use it for the story progression.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

EDIT: Sorry! I realise that this should have been posted on the support board! Please feel free to move it there whenever. My bad!
Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:32:43 am by Auctor Lucan

Re: Edit Max Year in Calendar?

Reply #1

You can edit the years in index.php?action=admin;area=managecalendar afaict. Or just search for "maximum year" in the admin settings.

Reply #2

Having the max year so far in the future may create quite a bit of pages in the calendar. Probably not a big issue but worth mention (in case crawlers start to harvest pages and pages of calendar content.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Good catch on the amount of calendar pages. Hmmm..

Is there even a way to lock the current date in the Calendar to one specific day, and then edit the minimum year to sometime in November 2380? Say...

Minimum year 2380.
Locked current date March 11 2381
Maximum year 2382

We don't use the Calendar outside the story, so there is no issue "breaking" it so that it doesn't follow the current dates. I mean to use it to visualise fictional events only.

Thank in advance for the help!

Reply #4

I just completely broke my test install and cannot verify directly, but in the same page where you find the "max" you should also find the "min"?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Actually, in 2.0 I moved from a min/max to a min+time-span. I'm not sure if this fits your needs or not, but probably not because I "hard-coded" the time span, so... dunno.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Yeah, the real problem is that you get an error message when the Calendar is dissolved to show the current date as default. If I set a min year of 2380 and a max of 2382. then the Calendar gives me a load failure message because it can't load 2019. :)

So, that's the issue, and I was thinking there could be a way to disable the "load current date" function when opening the Calendar? :)

EDIT: Better yet, I would like to pick the current date in the Calendar so that it's constantly March 11 until I code it otherwise. Is this possible?

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:55:38 pm by Auctor Lucan

Reply #7

hmm... interesting (the min date behaviour I mean).
Regarding the rest... honestly I have to check the code.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Hope you find the answer! :)