Skip to main content
Topic: Transifex: uploaded files not actual? (Read 11245 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Transifex: uploaded files not actual?

Reply #30

Quote from: emanuele – @Spuds question: the $txt['via'] should really be translated?
Could it be that if it is changed yahoo! and alike may not understand its meaning?
That is a good question, unfortunately I lack a good answer !   Given its a draft spec, at this point leaving it untranslated may be the best course of action.  We can add a comment in the language file of // don't translate this string

Reply #31

Then I think it's better to just remove the string from the language file, safer for everybody... provided the providers do not mess again with that stuff... lol
We can keep the $txt with a comment in the code.
Or keep it, and override it just after having loaded the file, but that looks a bit ugly. :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #32

No problem. Will look after that soon.

Reply #33

Quote from: emanuele – Then I think it's better to just remove the string from the language file, safer for everybody... provided the providers do not mess again with that stuff... lol
We can keep the $txt with a comment in the code.
Or keep it, and override it just after having loaded the file, but that looks a bit ugly. :-\
Lets leave it in the $txt strings for now, but "hard code" it in to sources with a comment.  That way should we learn more we will have the translations available.  Its real purpose is so that email programs don't learn a bogus address for a given name.

Reply #34

Oook!
I'll add it to the next PR with the fix to the user title width/alignment.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #36

I feel thats the best thing for the time being, as we learn more / get a real spec we can update as required.