Skip to main content
Topic: Please Test Modified sceditor on mobile (Read 3411 times) previous topic - next topic

Please Test Modified sceditor on mobile

I decided to fix the resizing of sceditor to work on modern android.  I've attached an updated version with my changes.  Could anyone out there with an elk forum and older mobile phones or an iphone give this a try and make sure it still works there too?

I had to gzip it as the forum won't let me attach a .js file.

Re: Please Test Modified sceditor on mobile

Reply #1

Looks good on android devices (both using Chrome and the emulator).
Chrome emulating an iPhone doesn't show anything so... up to anyone with an apple device say something.

Could you also post the changes you made? (Or the non minified version of the file.)
They could be contributed back to SCEditor itself. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I've had one person with an iphone say it's still working for them.   Not sure what model.  I'll post the changes when home this evening.  I figured I'd give it to sceditor in a pull request although I noticed there's not been any activity over there in a long time.

Reply #3

Yeah, it is quite calm compared to 5 months ago, there is some activity on the development branch at:
https://github.com/samclarke/SCEditor/commits/1.4.5-dev
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Yeah Sam appeared a few days ago and has been making some noise about finishing 1.4.5 very soon (which is what we are using) ... There is one bug fix committed in current 1.4.5 that we don't have yet (waiting and hoping the final will appear). 

Reply #5

YAY! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Pull request here.  There was a bug in the variable declaration error in my first fix.  (javascript lets you be lazy though.  :P)

https://github.com/samclarke/SCEditor/pull/292

Feel free to pull the updated version and re-minimize.

Reply #7

toolbarContainer is the option that makes sceditor not subtract the height of the toolbar from the height of the editor window.  At least when resizing it.  It's the html element that you want to hold the tool bar.  I haven't looked any further than that but at some point making a div or something to hold it and passing in the option could be good so that the size is more consistent.

Reply #8

Looks like Sam merged your commit in the 1.4.6 branch and tagged the 1.4.5 as final pufff

I've placed the 1.4.6 branch with your fix on the site, (which is really 1.4.5 + your PR ATM)

Reply #9

Cool.  It was annoying having that not work.  It much easier to have a large editor window and scroll the page than keep scrolling up down in the editor window.

And by on the site you mean here, or merged into the Elk master?

Reply #10

Quote from: scripple – And by on the site you mean here, or merged into the Elk master?
Here for a quick test, ... will make a PR to merge it to master later

Reply #11

Quote from: scripple – Cool.  It was annoying having that not work.  It much easier to have a large editor window and scroll the page than keep scrolling up down in the editor window.
 emanuele agrees with this!

(sorry for the three mentions lol finger problem ;D)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Yeah I hacked in code in GenericControls to make the editor window larger for mobile.  With the words wrapping so soon and the buttons already having used up so much space it's much nicer.

Reply #13

I lost track of this one... was it applied to the code?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Should have been yes ... I PR the 1.4.6 editor which at the time was 1.4.5 + @scripple PR to the the editor.