Skip to main content
Topic: Are these bugs? (Read 1912 times) previous topic - next topic

Are these bugs?

We setup an ispconfig ubuntu based server and installed elkarte on it yesterday. However, post-installation, the new elkarte site default theme breaks as its theme url was placed under 127.0.0.1 rather than the domain url. It is easy to reset to the right url but shouldn't it always fix the domain url rather than localhost IP 127.0.0.1? Note that this is installed not from the server local network.

Secondly, I only want to reset the database server to another, so I leave the password blank as the password is the same. As I saved the page when disconnected and when I check the Settings.php, the password is also blank. Is this intended? I thought when the password is left blank, it will remain as it is.

Re: Are these bugs?

Reply #1

The first may be. Although I'm not sure how to reproduce it, if you can do some testing and try to pinpoint the bug (or at least reduce the possibilities) it would be of great help. :)

The second... hmm... the only answer I can think of now is: depends.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

QuoteHowever, post-installation, the new elkarte site default theme breaks as its theme url was placed under 127.0.0.1 rather than the domain url. It is easy to reset to the right url but shouldn't it always fix the domain url rather than localhost IP 127.0.0.1? Note that this is installed not from the server local network.
It should have used the boardurl that was entered as part of the install steps.  The only thing I can think of  is that for some reason it was not able to write the entered information successfully to our "buddy" settings.php.  If that was the case, the next time that file is read it would still be the 127.0.0.1 since thats the default value.

Reply #3

I think spuds is correct though I haven't test with another installation yet. May be after elkarte.sch.my is fully moved to the new server.

Reply #4

I had exactly the same issue on every installation. It affects theme and avatars and perhaps one more area I have forgotten?

Reply #5

It has been fixed in 1.0.3.
See this message for details. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.