Skip to main content
Topic: Convert from XenForo (Read 2325 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert from XenForo

Hello,

Is it possible to convert from xenforo without losing any data ? Currently running xenforo 1.4.8 and what about esotalk seo links why isn't it build in ?

Regards

Re: Convert from XenForo

Reply #1

Quote from: kingofseo – Is it possible to convert from xenforo without losing any data ? Currently running xenforo 1.4.8
Nope, there's no conveter / importer for XF 1.4.8 available yet. There's one for XF 1.1 to ElkArte 1.0, maybe it can be modified in order to work with XF 1.4.8..

Quote from: kingofseo – and what about esotalk seo links why isn't it build in ?
have a look at this addon:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=513.msg3879#msg3879
It's not build-in because it's webserver specific feature (mostly apache) and ElkArte isn't developed for just one webserver software, it works well with Apache but also with nginx, lighttpd, Microsoft IIS and lot's of others ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

At some point we should really thing about adding some kind of "friendly url".
It may need some work though, probably for 2.0...

And about XenForo, as TE said there is one for 1.1, if you are willing to help preparing one for 1.4, what is needed is a database dump, it should be enough the one from a demo board, with few messages and members, covering the most common situations (locked, unapproved, soft-delete, and alike)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – At some point we should really thing about adding some kind of "friendly url".
It may need some work though, probably for 2.0...
However, it will break Google rankings when upgrading a 1.whatever to 2.0. This, unless you manage to get an automatic 301 on old topics.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #4

Since I told you about that, probably I still remember it. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Knowing you, I wanted to make sure :P
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #6

@kingofseo , welcome to ElkArte. There are a lot of helpful people here who can help you with conversion. As for SEO, it is highly script dependent and as far as I know there are no convertors ( for any software ) that encourage conversion with add-on features.