Skip to main content
Topic: Silk - A smooth theme for ElkArte (Read 11961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Silk - A smooth theme for ElkArte

Reply #30

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is what I see  ::)

Reply #31

Little suggestion: the white text on the light blue of the top menu could be somehow difficult to read. A little more contrast would help I think. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #32

Free, open source = Easy to customize ;)

Reply #33

Quote from: Wizard – I don't know what you guys are talking about.

When you open a topic with links inside the posts you will see that the link is underlined and dark green (like in the default theme). Is this a mistake, should the link be blue (all in the theme is blue except links in postings and the bars at the statistic page)?

Quote from: Wizard – Free, open source = Easy to customize ;)

@emanuele Maybe it would help making the text bold?

Oh, that's a great attitude, @Wizard . If someone would say to me: "Hey, the theme you are working on, some of the texts seem to be hard to read because of the colors you are using" I would examine this problem and try to fix it. Or say: "Thanks, but I like it so and I think it is easy to read".

The thing you say to us (or at least to me it sounds so) is: "Oh, you think there's something not okay with my theme? Well, it's open source, so go along and fix it yourself!"

We had discussions like this before, you and me. I think (and I live this attitude) when you offer a plugin or a theme you should be open for suggestions and you should maintain the things you offer. It is different when a user wants to change the colors in general for example, then you can say: "You can, simply change the CSS file." That would be okay, 'cause you can't fulfill everybody's wishes. But for me it sounds different here. I will not lecture you, still not, but maybe you should overthink this answer you gave emanuele. It sounds kind of unfriendly to me and maybe to all using your theme, sorry.  :-X

If any team member thinks my posting is inappropriate, feel free to delete it.

Reply #34

@Jorin, since I agree with you. His assertion that others were copying his Theme bothers me as well.
Regards Stephan

Reply #35

I don't want to acuse anyone of anything and I don't want any bad feelings between us all, @wintstar . That includes @Wizard ! I know what you mean but let's not discuss such things open to the public. Thanks!  :)

Reply #36

Quote from: Wizard – Free, open source = Easy to customize ;)
Well, that's not necessarily true, better say: free, open source = anyone can customize.
It's full of open source projects not that easy to customize. :P (And to say the truth a good part of Elk is still somehow tricky to change.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #37

Great theme! Experimenting with it currently. So far so good.

Reply #38

For Round avatars, add this to custom_silk.css file
Code: [Select]
.avatar {
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    max-width: 13em;
    max-height: 20em;
    border-radius: 30px;
}

Reply #39

Actually, that's sweet. Reminds me of WBB without the oddities.

Reply #40

A minor bug fix update by me. Added expand, collapse and expcol images to the images folder ( were missing )