Skip to main content
Topic: How to do the Upgrade? (Read 6943 times) previous topic - next topic

How to do the Upgrade?

I did never an upgrade by myself and I need a step-by step-instruction O:-)

My testforum is running with 1.0.10 and yesterday I deinstalled the two addons there (SimplePortal and Tabbed Smileys)
I don't need a backup, because there is nothing important in my testforum.

First I have to do the Upgrade to the 1.1.Final and afterwards I have to install the patch to 1.1.1.
Is this correct?

I do not understand, what Emanuele answered here. This topic is closed (why?) https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=4712.msg34075#msg34075

QuoteWhat be the proper procedure to upgrade my forum from 1.0.10? Replace all files from the zip or can this be installed from package manager?

Quote1) backup (you never know)[1]
2) the "replace all files" is the way[2] (then pointing to the forum should bring you to the upgrade procedure, otherwise just go to forum/install/upgrade.php).
3) follow the upgrade instructions and delete the "install" directory (the upgrade script tries to do, but if it fails you have to do it manually).
1 Actually, the ideal situation is: do a test upgrade on a clone of your forum and verify nothing breaks.↵
2 Even better would be to remove any thing except Settings.php and Settings_bak.php and upload the new files.↵

It seems not to be possible to do an upgrade via package manager? I tried this yesterday, but I got a warning message, which I did not understand. Something about "empty package", wrong permissions and that I should install the unzipped files via FTP:

QuoteDas Hochladen des Paketes ist aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers fehlgeschlagen:
"Auch wenn das Paket auf den Server kopiert wurde, scheint es leer zu sein. Bitte überprüfe, dass der "/packages"-Ordner und das "/temp"-Unterverzeichnis beschreibbar sind. Solltest du dieses Problem weiterhin haben, solltest du versuchen, das Paket auf deinem eigenen Computer zu entpacken und in ein neues Unterverzeichnis in das "/packages"-Verzeichnis auf den Server zu kopieren. Wenn das Paket zum Beispiel "shout.tar.gt" heißt, solltest Du:
1) Das Paket auf deinen PC herunterladen und entpacken.
2) Mit einem FTP-Programm ein neues Verzeichnis im "/packages"-Ordner erstellen und dieses, in unserem Beispiel, "shout" nennen.
3) Lade alle entpackten Dateien in dieses Verzeichnis.
4) Gehe zurück zum Paketmanager und prüfe, ob das Paket automatisch gefunden wurde (dies sollte nun der Fall sein)."

The adminpanel shows me this at the moment:

Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:26:23 am by Ruth

Re: How to do the Upgrade?

Reply #1

And this is "packages" via FTP at the moment. What do I have to do now?  O:-)
Uploading the zipped (or unzipped?) files from 1.1.Final into this directory?
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:35:23 am by Ruth

Reply #2

To update to 1.1.1 I just unzipped the files and uploaded using an ftp client, after the upload just point your browser to your test forum and the update procedure should begin.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Thank you, Radu.

So I do not need to use 1.1. Final first?

Where should the unzipped files from 1.1.1. be uploaded?

In "packages"?

Reply #5

Thank you very much, Radu. :)

It worked that way. Everything seems to be okay.

It was a lot of stuff, :P  I hope, I did not miss something.

Reply #6

I missed something.... ::)

The editor does not show any BBC-Tags or smileys (but they are working) and the preview is not working.

Reply #7

You can change the behaviour and show the full editor under the last post if this is what you'd like to see. (ACP -> Theme Management -> Member Option)

What do you mean the preview is not working? It has any errors? I suggest you to open a new topic if you have other problems, we are going off-topic here ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

I don't mean the quickreply, Radu....I mean the normal editor, if I reply or start a new topic.
The button "preview" ist not working, no preview to see.

Anything else seems to work as usual.
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:01:00 pm by Ruth

Reply #9

There are no errors in the log, I checked all files again on the Server, but I cannot find a file, wich I had missed to upload.

The "console" shows me this errors:
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:11:19 pm by Ruth

Reply #10

I have no idea, first time I see it.
I can suggest to check in ACP > Forum > Posts and topics > Bulletin Board Code
if the option Enable bulletin board code (BBC) is enabled? But I don't think is this, you should at least see the smileys and also a few buttons from the editor.

Do you have any addons installed? Before upgrading to elkarte 1.1 did you have any mods installed on 1.0.10 or did you uninstalled the addons before the update?

== edit ==
I saw now the screenshot and the edit you just made, don't know if could be useful, try to remove elkarte cache and browser cache
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:18:55 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

Yes, BBC-Tags are enabeld in the Admin-Panel, also the smileys are there to see.

I can use BBC or smileys in my posts, if I "write them by hand" but they are missing in the "toolbar"

I deinstalled the two addons yesterday, I had in my testforum before.

Reply #12

Quote from: radu81 – I saw now the screenshot and the edit you just made, don't know if could be useful, try to remove elkarte cache and browser cache

Yes, I will try this, thank you, Radu

Reply #13

It was this stupid browser cache, Radu! (or stupid me) ;)

Everything is fine now, even the preview is working.

Thank you!

Reply #14

Glad you solved and that I could help ;)
sorry for my bad english