Skip to main content
Topic: Bought a new car today (Read 10005 times) previous topic - next topic

Bought a new car today

As you maybe know I am driving a Toyota Prius from 2007, which is quite seldom in Germany. Germans prefer old looking (always the same) but powerful cars and give a sh...t about fuel consumption. They say. Well, some of us live like this, yes. But we can learn and in the last years reasonable, economically cars are getting more on our streets.

I am very engaged in eco cars such as hybrids and pure electric cars. I run a forum for them for five years now (same emount of time I have my Prius), I did have a blog for this, and I write reviews of these cars. Yesterday I bought a new one...

It's a Lexus CT 200h Luxury Line with leather, LED headlamps, Mark Levinson 7.1 Premium Surround, Navigation, and other nice stuff. I will get a set with winter tires on 16 inch and new summer tires on 17 inch wheels. The car is from 2013 and was used by Lexus in Brussels. Second owner was the female boss from the dealer I bought it. It has some scratches, but they will be fixed for me. I am sooo happy I must share this, knowing that a Lexus is well known in the states (here in Germany nobody knows what this is).  :D

Re: Bought a new car today

Reply #1

Hi jorin and congrats for your choice.
I am also a fan of Japanese cars. I love the Lexus brand and I am agree that in Europe is not a popular brand. Too bad because Lexus, the luxury brand Toyota is one of the most reliable in the world.

I drive a Toyota celica with some modifications and guess what we also bought a car yesterday. As some of you know I became father a few moths ago so a bigger car was  needed. The budget was low so we choosed a station wagon car (kombi in Germany), a Skoda Octavia. It was a good occasion

Congrats again for your choice and don't forget to offer us a drink :)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Congratulations too!  :)  We think about an Octavia for my girlfriend in two or three years.  :D

I can offer some pictures when I have it here and some drinks via air mail.  ;)

I love the Celica. Which one is it?

Reply #3

The octavia I bought is for my wife, we changed her seat ibiza because was too small.

My celica is from 2002, T23 model. You can  browse this topic for some pictures http://www.sharkracingclub.it/index.php?topic=60.0

P. S. As you can see I lost some images on imageshack, so my advice for everybody: do not use it ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

Nice choice! :D
Lexus are indeed great cars.
Since a couple of years I drive an hybrid Auris and it's wonderful! (And brings back the fuel expenses to the level of... years and years ago, before the euro in fact. I don't remember last time I spent 50 euro to do 600+ km.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Wow, Toyota Celica was the car of my dreams (when I was playing NFS Underground 2 :D). I've a German car as well - Opel Vectra 1.9 CDTI. Love the engine in this car, but half of the car got replaced (not very reliable).

Congratulations and take some pictures.

Reply #6

I also played NFS 2, but rx7 was my favourite :)
If I'm not wrong the cdti engine is from Fiat
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

I think you're right, a Fiat one.

Reply #8

Quote from: CrimeS – Congratulations and take some pictures.

Now here they are. One of them shows my previous Toyota Prius 2 next to my new Lexus CT 200h.

Reply #9

Very, very nice car!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

It is! And it is so much fun to drive! Very sporty even with only 205/50 R17, allows high speed in curves, and gets a boost from the electric motor. It's limited in max speed, and it is not a race car, but it is so much fun to push it into the curves.  ;D

And I do love the dahsboard.  :)

Reply #11

lol :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Just like a new version of CR-V, HR-V.

Reply #13

Ehm... Nope. If you mean the Honda, that's kind of a SUV. The Lexus is not. It is a compact car just as a Volkswagen Golf, but with a much nicer back.  ;)

Reply #14

HR-V is a car to me while CR-V is not though they are both categorized as SUV. The latest BR-V is coming soon with the same designed as HR-V but smaller and this one is definitely a car. Sorry to compare it with Honda, but I am a Honda fan who own two CR-Vs. ;)