Skip to main content
Topic: FASIF: Fix Avatar Size In Forum (Read 3414 times) previous topic - next topic

FASIF: Fix Avatar Size In Forum

I attached two pictures from post or display page and profile page to speaks for this mod themselves. They are both taken here in this site and you can see them in this post as well as my profile page. The mod description is as follows:

FASIF: Fix Avatar Size In Forum
- For Elk 1.0.x.
- Hook, No File Modification.

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. This mod will help you fix the avatar size in different places of your forum.
3. They are in the post or display, the personal messages and the profile pages.
4. Upon successful installation, you have to enable it and fill in the preferred size.
5. This simple css trick is useful to allow different avatar size in different places.
6. You can test it in lower version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep author's link if it is in there somewhere. ;)

#Change Logs
@Version 1.0.3
- Fix smalltext issue.

@Version 1.0.2
- More detail conditions so that empty settings won't create any undefined error(s).

@Version 1.0.1
- Change css to be more accurate so it won't affect css used by other mods.

@Version 1.0.0
- Initial release.

Re: FASIF: Fix Avatar Size In Forum

Reply #1

That's close to being a bug I'd say.

I'm not sure of the settings here, I'll try to remember checking them the first time I'm going to use the admin account (i.e. the first time I remember to update the files to the latest version... /me is being lazy! O:-))

Thanks for the contribution. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

You're welcome.

And yes, I guess it is a bug too.

However, even if it is not a bug or the bug is fixed, the mod gives options for an admin to fix his own preferred avatar size for certain places in his forum.

Edited: I changed the mod package file in the first post as it cannot uninstall properly. I missed a $ sign. Lols.
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:17:51 am by ahrasis

Reply #3

Updated! Details of changes are as follow:

#Change Logs
@Version 1.0.3
- Fix smalltext issue.

@Version 1.0.2
- More detail conditions so that empty settings won't create any undefined error(s).

@Version 1.0.1
- Change css to be more accurate so it won't affect css used by other mods.

@Version 1.0.0
- Initial release.

Reply #4

Oh now I got what the bug actually is, and it may be related to what I was saying here.
The main problem is the host of the url you are using doesn't respond when Elk tries to fetch the image to determine the size, so Elk cannot know how big the image is and it doesn't download it (also because even the download it would fail), so it just add the url to the profile, without worrying about the size. Additionally, the size is not enforced via css or html, so the image appears wider than it should.

The only reliable fix would be to always enforce the size via css. But to do it "properly" we'd have to have only one place where sizes are determined (and not 2+ like it is now).

emanuele will try to see what is needed to do all that and if it is possible for 1.0.2. O:-)

Tracked: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/1873
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Ok. That is clearer. And yes css will definitely help especially if all avatar already got its container. So its size won't go bigger than its container.

Re: [ADDON] FASIF: Fix Avatar Size In Forum

Reply #6

Just to note that this addon will no longer be updated since, I think, we already have the avatar size overflow fixed.
Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:13:22 pm by ahrasis