Skip to main content
Topic: Installation ElkArte 1.0.2 (Read 2529 times) previous topic - next topic

Installation ElkArte 1.0.2

I get the following errors shown above the text while installation progress:

QuoteWarning: file_put_contents(/www/htdocs/w00f21f1/elkarte/db_last_error.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/w00f21f1/elkarte/Settings.php on line 192

Warning: file_put_contents(/www/htdocs/w00f21f1/elkarte/db_last_error.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/w00f21f1/elkarte/Settings.php on line 192

Warning: file_put_contents(/www/htdocs/w00f21f1/elkarte/db_last_error.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/w00f21f1/elkarte/Settings.php on line 192

I made all the listet directories and files 777 before.

Line 192 is:

Code: [Select]
	// File does not exist so lets try to create it
file_put_contents(dirname(__FILE__) . '/db_last_error.php', '<' . '?' . "php\n" . '$db_last_error = 0;');
$db_last_error = 0;
}

The board seems to work anyhow:

http://elkarte.hybrid-piloten.de/index.php

Re: Installation ElkArte 1.0.2

Reply #1

Check that db_last_error.php is present and writable... that's the only thing the error is saying.
Could it be you are on one of those hosts that thing that 777 is bad?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

With SMF I needed to change all files to 777 and had to define an extra cache folder via .htaccess to get updates to work. With ElkArte this is no problem. The Update 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 worked fine with standard settings.

Reply #3

And the file is present in the root?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

File is present, but has 644. The installation script said nothing to set this file to 777, so I didn't changed it.

Reply #5

Technically, this (and if you are using the file-based caching Load.php, but just for the time being, in 1.1 it will not be necessary) is the only file that needs to be writable. <= This is true if you don't want to use the package manager to install updates and you don't use the theme editor to change the files.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Then the installation script should inform me about this fact.  ;)

Reply #7

I thought it was, but it was not... added:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1913
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.