Skip to main content
Topic: first post of some topics are empty (Read 3147 times) previous topic - next topic

first post of some topics are empty

Hello,
I have some problems with some posts that are not displayed. It happened twice today with only the first post of a topic. I created a topic, the post was visible, then I did a small edit, I saved but the content of post is not visible. If I try to modify it again I see all the content in editor. I checked the database, the message exists in elkarte_messages table.

Here is an example: http://www.skodaclub.it/index.php?topic=2579
there is some text in the first post but is not visible.

I tried CTRL+F5, clear elkarte cache, different browsers... No error in elkarte error log and no error on cpanel error log.

addons installed:
1 Fancy Box 4 ElkArte 1.0
2 Attachment Image Resize 1.0
3 Users online today 0.2.1
4 Inline Attachments 1.0
5 Google Member Map 1.0
6 Url Favicon 0.0.1
7 Google Analytics tracking 0.0.1
8 SimplePortal

thank you in advance
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:17:16 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Re: first post of some topics are empty

Reply #1

I can see that the first post is empty but I have never tested the listed mods. May be you can simply uninstall the mods one by one and observe their results.

Reply #2

I did a lot of edits today on that post, and I had a lot of links. I removed them one by one and in the end the post was visible.

I also tried to edit using a single word "test". The post was visible, then I entered the original content an becamed invisible. I don't know what to say... There is surely something wrong, I sow this error twice in two different posts.

I also tried to enter the content of that post here on elkarte, in the first post of this topic ( for a few seconds) but I did not notice the error here.

I tried uninstalling : Url Favicon, Google Analytics tracking and Users online today. I disabled ILA, Fancybox, Google Member MAP, Simple portal in maintenance mode but nothing changed.

The other topic where I had this problem was in my board "Blogs" which are displayed in my home page with Simple Portal. The first post and the image was visible on Sportal, but not on forum. Really strange this situation :(
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

hmm... okay, couple of questions.
1) Were you editing with "full editor" o "quick edit"?
2) Do you still have the original text? If so, can you save it into a text file and attach it there?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I found another topic that was never edited http://www.skodaclub.it/index.php?topic=1402.0

I have a test account user, i can share details in PM

I have the original text of the other two, I attach 2 text files

Quote1) Were you editing with "full editor" o "quick edit"?
I tried both, but I have always visible the full editor

---edit---
removed the 2 attachments
Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:51:00 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Darn, I hit another error while trying a thing...

Can you check the error log?
I had a db error while opening the drafts page with the demo account, could you report it?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

that error is new to me, but is related to ILA addon

Reply #7

AHA! Well at least that bit is @Spuds fault! :P
Give me a moment to understand how to fix that.

ETA: sorry, but unfortunately I'm not sure how to fix it, better wait for Spuds... :-[
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:44:35 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I noticed that this happens in some posts with lot of urls. I will try to do another conversion from my old smf to see if this happens on a clean install.

I'll let you know, in the meantime I found other 2 posts

===edit===
I did a fresh install and convert from my old smf. I thought that maybe is the Favicon addon so I installed first. The posts were visible. Then I install ILA addon and everything was working fine. Then I installed the Fancybox Addon and configured as on my livesite. I noticed that once I activate the option Apply fancybox to images added with the [img] bbc tag the posts with lot of links inside were not visible anymore (I count 5 or 6 posts). Maybe @Spuds can give some little help here ;)
Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:47:07 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

Sorry I've been really swamped for a bit.

Fancybox has had an error with one of its regex's that would cause catastrophic backtracking when looking for images.  If you think that sounds bad, well it is as it is a silent fatal error from overloading (to much recursion) the regex engine.

I fixed it here: https://github.com/Spuds/Elk_FancyBox/commits?author=Spuds

just replace your fb4elk.subs.php file with this one https://github.com/Spuds/Elk_FancyBox/blob/master/sources/fb4elk.subs.php

Reply #10

thank you spuds, now my posts are visible  8)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

Cool! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.