Skip to main content
Topic: Forum/Member Merge capabalities (Read 2545 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum/Member Merge capabalities

I recall this as an option for SMF (in fact SPUDS might have authored one of the scripts).

Basically, I need to merge an SMF 2.0 forum with an ElkArte 1.09 forum.  In a few cases, I need to merge members as well.  This is for a small community.  Thanks to OpenImporter I also have the option of merging two ElkArte 1.09 forums.

Is there a creative method to get OpenImporter to do this? 

Anyone have a the location of a script that would help me here?

Thanks.

Re: Forum/Member Merge capabalities

Reply #1

Sounds simple:

1. Convert SMF to Elk.
2. Merge Elk with Elk.

(All on testing copies of the databases in question first, of course.)

Reply #2

Quote from: goosekeeper – Thanks to OpenImporter I also have the option of merging two ElkArte 1.09 forums.
Really? O_o
I don't remember merging being among the features. IIRC any time the importing of a table starts, OI wipes the destination table, so I can't see how merging could work.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I did port (at least in part) my Admin Toolbox modification as I needed the merge member capability for myself.  I'd need to pack it up and add it to the addon site.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: goosekeeper – Thanks to OpenImporter I also have the option of merging two ElkArte 1.09 forums.
Really? O_o
I don't remember merging being among the features. IIRC any time the importing of a table starts, OI wipes the destination table, so I can't see how merging could work.

I meant that OpenImporter was successful in converting the SMF forum to ElkArte, so that the solution (in my case) could include merging ElkArte forums.

Reply #5

Ohhh... okay
 emanuele should go sleep when it's more than 23:00.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – Ohhh... okay
 emanuele should go sleep when it's more than 23:00.
Actually that's also how I interpreted it. I raised an eyebrow at the fact that merging was supported but didn't check because you guys are quite industrious so it's quite plausible. Besides, apparently @Spuds already implemented it, albeit not in OI, proving my assumption more correct than incorrect. ;)