Skip to main content
Topic: Forum loads only a blank web-page (Read 14268 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum loads only a blank web-page

I have my forum here: https://www.compuro.ml/forum/

I host it on InfinityFree: https://www.infinityfree.net/

From the past 3 or 4 days, my forum started loading just a white page. Nothing on it. I haven't made any changes to the forum. I just updated a post of mine daily. It doesn't have many users (probably just 2 or 3 including me). The only significant change that I know of is that my host updated to PHP 7.3 (from 7.0 or 7.2 mostly).

An important thing to note: My index.html loads fine: https://www.compuro.ml/index.html. Only the forum is giving problems. The browser's console is also empty. I literally have no clue what to do. I contacted my host, they say, it's all fine from their end. Getting a solution from you guys is my last resort.

Re: Forum loads only a blank web-page

Reply #1

Did you try changing back the php version and in the settings.php look for any changes

Reply #2

Do what @Jason said, move back to 7.2, it should be available in your control panel.

ElkArte 1.1.6 which is kind of done but not yet packaged up, was at least tested on 7.3 and will be the first version that should ... thats should ... have not issues with 7.3

Reply #3

I was planning to pack it up today, but.. fudge nuggets happens.
Next week I'm away, so... I'll not be able to finish up the package and release before the 7th of July. :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: Jason – Did you try changing back the php version and in the settings.php look for any changes
I have an option to change it to 5.6 directly (also, 5.5 and 5.4). No more PHP 7 except 7.3. I have set it to 5.6 before posting here. Still the same.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds – Do what @Jason said, move back to 7.2, it should be available in your control panel.

ElkArte 1.1.6 which is kind of done but not yet packaged up, was at least tested on 7.3 and will be the first version that should ... thats should ... have not issues with 7.3

Considering 1.1.6 works on 7.3, will I still be able to upgrade my forum when I can't see anything? I remember upgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 by adding those packages as add-ons.

Reply #6

If the forum is not loading on php5.6 then you have some server config issue that you need to resolve before you worry about upgrading to 1.1.6.  Check your server web and php error logs and see what they say.

Reply #7

Quote from: Spuds – If the forum is not loading on php5.6 then you have some server config issue that you need to resolve before you worry about upgrading to 1.1.6.  Check your server web and php error logs and see what they say.

Okay, there might be some confusion. My cpanel account settings show that I'm using PHP 7.0 while when I go to alter php version and choose the domain to work on, there it shows my php version is 5.6. I'll confirm about this with the hosting and update here.

By the way, I'm attaching a complete phpinfo() of my account. It still says 7.3.6, but, I'm in talks with the hosting while I write this about the actual version. Let me know if there's some problem in it somewhere.
Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 03:21:58 am by hkokate

Reply #8

If it helps, I'm running a handful of Elk installs on 7.3.  ;)

Reply #9

Me too with no problem.

Reply #10

I guess you are pretty lucky. :P
When I found myself with php 7.3 on my localhost I had to push few fixes here and there in order to have anything working. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – I guess you are pretty lucky. :P
When I found myself with php 7.3 on my localhost I had to push few fixes here and there in order to have anything working. :)

Of course we're lucky! We have you guys!   ;D

Reply #12

Am just using fixes shared in this forum while waiting for 1.1.6. Not sure if anyone needed more than that.

Reply #13

Update. I have found that this is my current phpinfo() of my domain: https://www.compuro.ml/a.php.

If the php version isn't a problem, can anyone any possible causes for my forum to disappear just like that?

Reply #14

I've had a similar strange issue on a couple of occasions. It is possible for a post to corrupt the page. It makes little sense, but it can happen. The solution is manually removing the post. Do you have access to phpmyadmin?