Skip to main content
Topic: Cookies [was Re: BadBehavior] (Read 2504 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from BadBehavior

Cookies [was Re: BadBehavior]

Quote from: Joshua Dickerson – Reason I ask is because if we create a cookie and then check for that cookie, on POST, that is an easy way of stopping bots. I think most bots don't allow cookies to be saved.

In germany we have some folks that don't allow to save cookies too. All official websites announce the saving of cookies, you can allow this then or disallow. Google for "cookie law germany" please. So if you are working on a solution which needs cookies to be saved, keep this in mind please.

I wonder if ElkArte should inform the users of saving a cookie if the board is hosted and administrated in germany?!?  :-\

Re: Cookies [was Re: BadBehavior]

Reply #1

Quote from: Jorin – I wonder if ElkArte should inform the users of saving a cookie if the board is hosted and administrated in germany?!?  :-\
That's another topic. Let's not mix stuff, otherwise the discussion because very difficult to follow. ;)
Of course, the "new topic" button is around and can be used. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Cookies [was Re: BadBehavior]

Reply #2

Can you please split it for me then? I thought you were talking about "do we need another cookie"...  :-[