Skip to main content
Topic: I need index.php file (Read 2616 times) previous topic - next topic

I need index.php file

Please admin upload the previous version of ElkArte forum index.php, I uploaded the backup file for my former ElkArte forum and it's not there, please help and upload it here let me download

Re: I need index.php file

Reply #1

Go here: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases and locate the specific ElkArte version you need.  Download the install files, unzip it somewhere else and get the index.php file that you want.

Reply #2

Thanks

Reply #3

What I was trying to do didn't work out. Please what are the procedures in restoring an ElkArte forum website with the backup file?

Reply #4

Can you describe what went wrong? That may be beneficial to troubleshooting. 

In general, download the version you need. Unzip it. Be sure you retain a working copy of settings.php. Do not overwrite the one on the server. You can prevent that by deleting the settings.php in your downloaded files. Also delete the install folder. Then upload everything to the server. You should be good to go. If not, recheck that settings.php has the correct configuration.  Good luck!

Reply #5

Should I upload the backup file under backup database?

Reply #6

You shouldn't need to do anything with the database unless it was deleted as well.  ;)

Reply #7

I'm sorry for this extreme late reply, please let me explain what really happened and the help I need.

I downloaded the backup file of my former ElkArte forum website under MySQL database, and the proceeded to uninstall the ElkArte forum because my hosting plan was about to expire and I couldn't renew due to lack of money.

Now, please advice on how to restore my former ElkArte forum with the MySQL database backup file.
Thanks.

Reply #8

Import the database on the server. If you have phpmyadmin it's pretty easy, assuming it isn't a huge database. Follow the same directions as above. Then in settings.php correct file paths, database name, password, etc. It may also be necessary to manually correct some file paths in the database "settings" table. Good luck!

Reply #9

Quote from: badmonkey – Import the database on the server. If you have phpmyadmin it's pretty easy, assuming it isn't a huge database. Follow the same directions as above. Then in settings.php correct file paths, database name, password, etc. It may also be necessary to manually correct some file paths in the database "settings" table. Good luck!

Do I have to re- install the ElkArte forum software before uploading the file under MySQL database?

Reply #10

Quote from: Encafe –
Quote from: badmonkey – Import the database on the server. If you have phpmyadmin it's pretty easy, assuming it isn't a huge database. Follow the same directions as above. Then in settings.php correct file paths, database name, password, etc. It may also be necessary to manually correct some file paths in the database "settings" table. Good luck!

Do I have to re- install the ElkArte forum software before uploading the file under MySQL database?

It could be done that way. That would ensure proper paths in settings.php. 

Reply #11

Thanks a lot