Skip to main content
Topic: How to change post icons ? (Read 3120 times) previous topic - next topic

How to change post icons ?

I see that all of them are embedded into a single image. Can you please shed light on how to use topic icons of our choice instead ?

Re: How to change topic icons ?

Reply #1

Wish to know the same about board icons as well.

Reply #2

You can put all of them into the file in the same places. The CSS then is used to determine which width to use for which icon. You can easily search for this image in the CSS file and edit the classes below it that determine the icon. Just replace the width read something (can't remember now, on holidays :) ) and just put the image path.

I would explain it more clearer, but I only have phone access.

Reply #3

If you mean from the admin panel, you can just put the file in /themes/{theme_name}/images/post/ and add it as usual from the admin interface.
The single image is used for standard icons, for custom ones Elk uses an img tag.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – If you mean from the admin panel, you can just put the file in /themes/{theme_name}/images/post/ and add it as usual from the admin interface.
The single image is used for standard icons, for custom ones Elk uses an img tag.

I want to manually replace board icons and topic icons.  Mainly board icons and topic icons as well if possible. I was expecting a single icon and planned to replace it with one of my choice.

Attaching the files in question to make the query more clear

PS : Planning to use _social theme in the beginning.

Reply #5

Quote from: CrimeS – You can put all of them into the file in the same places. The CSS then is used to determine which width to use for which icon. You can easily search for this image in the CSS file and edit the classes below it that determine the icon. Just replace the width read something (can't remember now, on holidays :) ) and just put the image path.

I would explain it more clearer, but I only have phone access.

Please do care to explain when you are free. Not as good as you guys :)

Re: How to change post icons ?

Reply #6

I'm coming back on the 18th so it will take some time :) Right now the easiest thing to do is to edit file board_icons.png. Replace the images with the exact places so you don't need to change anything in the files. Maybe someone before this time will be able to explain how the CSS for those images work, as I'm not able to get the code from the phone.