Skip to main content
Topic: Admin login requests (Read 7217 times) previous topic - next topic

Admin login requests

I'm getting the request to verify my admin login when navigating through the admin section. I tried to install my mobile theme to see if I could motivate myself to do a little more work. After hitting submit to install the theme, it took me to a login screen. Seemed to do it several times through me going around in admin doing different things.

Looks like I can't login after logging out too. The install allowed me to login. But testing the logout to log back in tells me "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."
Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:55:45 pm by IchBin
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Re: Admin login requests

Reply #1

The admin session liefetime is configurable via Admin interface.. Default is IIRC 10 minutes.. Not sure why your are constantly getting the validation page and even the logout doesn't work as expected, probably a cookie / path related issue or a newly introduced bug?
Quote from: IchBin – After hitting submit to install the theme, it took me to a login screen. Seemed to do it several times through me going around in admin doing different things
Is it on random actions or just the "install new theme"?

Re: Mobile Theme:
Should we push it to the main repo? Would IMO make things easier (for you and others), at least it wouldn't run out of sync again.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

After further attempts at testing last night, I was getting the admin login for everything. There wasn't a page that I didn't get it in admin. In particular when trying to save anything in admin.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #3

Quote from: IchBin – After further attempts at testing last night, I was getting the admin login for everything. There wasn't a page that I didn't get it in admin. In particular when trying to save anything in admin.
mhh, sounds like the session wasn't properly initialized at all ... tbh, I have no clue whats going on. Is it a freshly installed forum or an older one updated via "git pull --rebase" from origin?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #4

It was a fresh download from the master in the Elkarte github account.  Anyone else setup a new forum and tested things?

Reply #5

Quote from: IchBin – It was a fresh download from the master in the Elkarte github account.  Anyone else setup a new forum and tested things?
yep, last friday and IIRC it worked (no errors) .. I'll check it again, tomorrow ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

Not really that much... lol (and I even wrote a script to do the download and install for testing purposes!)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

You have that script in a repo? Want to check it out. :)

Reply #8

I have no idea where I put it... xD

Found it:
http://www.elkarte.net/index.php?topic=367.0
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Ahh.... so you did it with python. Don't think I've even installed python, let alone tried to put any code into anything. lol

Reply #10

Did it happen again @IchBin?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

I changed some stuff in my server config to fix this IIRC. Are you asking if I've tested it since then? Nope. Haven't installed any update of Elkarte for quite some time. :(

Reply #12

You slacker!!! :P

Oh well, I suppose we can consider it fixed then. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.