Skip to main content
Topic: Transifex: uploaded files not actual? (Read 11279 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Transifex: uploaded files not actual?

Reply #15

QuoteI guess that doesn't work also because is not accessible to non registered users.
Yup, I mentioned that when I added the list to this sites front page ;)

I think at some point they (transifex) will have a "social" page that non-members can get to.  Till then we can either leave the link in place, manually add the list as created via the API on this sites home page, or add the link to the home page of the site in place of the transifex one.   I'm not really keen on the idea of manually adding names, the old SMF process of getting that sorted out is proof of that madness.

QuoteSo we git contributors don't count anymore?
??? Its more likely that some folks will be listed in two places as the git contribution area is still in place.

Reply #17

I need help - again!  :-[

I remember you changed a few weeks ago something in the english language files. I can't remember what. So, to check this with my local language files (I sure have to fix them too), where can I find the actual language files you changed?

Please, I can't work with Transifex. I have an account, yes, but I don't understand what to do there. There are two german language folders, and whenever I tried to upload a file there, it didn't work. Is there any chance to work with you guys on ElkArte and translate the files (and keep them updated) but not have to work with Transifex?  O:-)

Reply #18

Create a topic and attach the files you want to update.
I (or any other with enough karma) can upload them to the proper place.

The two German translations are the one you are working on ("German") and the one created by forumsearch0r ("German Germany").
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

Thanks a lot, I will attach the package once it's 100% done.

Any hint on this?

Quote from: Jorin – I remember you changed a few weeks ago something in the english language files. I can't remember what. So, to check this with my local language files (I sure have to fix them too), where can I find the actual language files you changed?

Reply #20

It really depends on "how many weeks"...

BTW, visiting:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/elkarte/translate/#de/$/26333401?translated=no
you can see all the strings that are not translated in Transifex.
If you want to see for each file what is "missing" you have two options at the moment: from transifex or from github.

From transifex:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/elkarte/language/de/
click on the file
click on "Translate now"
click on "untranslated"

From github:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/commits/master/themes/default/languages/english
for each "row" you can see the date when the change was applied
if you click for example where it says "People can change the username... unfortunately" you can see the changes
the lines in red are the ones "removed", the ones in green are those added[1]
Code: [Select]
Choose the name you want to login with.<br />This can\'t be changed later, but your display name can be.
has been removed the text
Code: [Select]
<br />This can\'t be changed later, but your display name can be.

hmm... I'm reading about github webhooks, I think we can setup a webhook that can post a message when a change to a language file is made. I have to investigate more.
Note that usually that simply means a word or something in the entire string has changed, the difference within a line is highlighted with a darker red and/or a darker green.
For example:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/commit/23e80c3d093c48c7fa54a0699c50f121ee538868
means that from the string:
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

Quote from: emanuele – It really depends on "how many weeks"...

BTW, visiting:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/elkarte/translate/#de/$/26333401?translated=no
you can see all the strings that are not translated in Transifex.

Okay, but I have the problem that I already translated a lot of the at Transifex untranslated stuff. I can't upload my files, so Transifex shows an old state. And this will be a problem in the future, because it seems I can't upload my files in the case of optimizing them or changing/update them after you did an update to the english ones.

What I need are all the changes in the strings in the language files you made after August 15th (that's the date the files have on my computer). Is there any way I can find or get them?

Reply #22

Can you open that topic and attach the files you have right now?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

Quote from: Jorin – I can't upload my files, so Transifex shows an old state. And this will be a problem in the future, because it seems I can't upload my files in the case of optimizing them or changing/update them after you did an update to the english ones.
You can upload the files, though it requires one more step: the name of the file that you upload must contain "english" and not "german". Yeah, oddity, but that's how transifex works and that's how the Elk language files are called.
It can be fixed on our side, though I'm not entirely convinced to have the names without the language inside.

Now the transifex translation is updated.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

Also, while uploading the files I noticed one was missing: MaillistTemplates.english.php
It's now in the repo.

@ahrasis @phantom @CrimeS maybe others, but I can't map the names at transifex with the names here.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

Quote from: emanuele – You can upload the files, though it requires one more step: the name of the file that you upload must contain "english" and not "german". Yeah, oddity, but that's how transifex works and that's how the Elk language files are called.
It can be fixed on our side, though I'm not entirely convinced to have the names without the language inside.

So you mean it's your idea we use index.english.php no matter what language is inside this file?  :o

Reply #26

Help! I translated the latest missing point in ManageSettings.english.php in the german language pack at Transifex. Now it says to me that all files are translated, but a lot of them are not proofed (or tested, don't know what it's called in english). @emanuele , if you uploaded all my files to this folder in Transifex, can you set all files (except Help.english.php) to 100% translated and 100% proofed? I don't know if and where I can do this.  :-[

Reply #27

Don't worry about the review, it's not something we need to care about unless we want.
For example I (personally) am using it for the Italian translation just to keep track of the strings that I were already imported and that I have checked.
But it's not important, once it is translated the files are updated accordingly and nothing else is needed.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

Quote from: emanuele – You can upload the files, though it requires one more step: the name of the file that you upload must contain "english" and not "german".
Actually, I was plain wrong: it works even if the file has another name...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #29

@Spuds question: the $txt['via'] should really be translated?
Could it be that if it is changed yahoo! and alike may not understand its meaning?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.