Skip to main content
Topic: Viglink (Read 2769 times) previous topic - next topic

Viglink

I've been trying to add viglink to my site for a few days. I keep getting error's when I try to add the code into the template though. It gives me a syntax error if I just plug the code in as it is.
If I try to write in the code through $modsettings though, it tells me the method is depreciated.

I am inside the html body tags and I'm in index.template.php.

Could it be my theme. I am using the lattice theme.

Any help is appreciated

Re: Viglink

Reply #1

Don't know much about Viglink but it should not be a problem to add the code to the template.   What is the code and which template and where in it are you trying to add the code?  If the code has some key that you can't share, just blank out the key.

Reply #2

Try the attached package, should work. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There should be a place in the general addons settings area in the admin panel to add the code.

@Spuds is that intended:
some text Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that the "click here" of the spoiler is inline with the text, while the actual spoiler is block?
Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:36:32 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Thats how its supposed to work AFAIK.  I seems natural to me, you read along until you hit the spoiler text and then get the block.  Were you feeling the click to show part should be down with the block itself? 

Reply #4

No preferences, it was just to be sure. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

@emanuele , Thanks but that isn't working. It's showing a 'modification parse error' in the VigLink.integrate.php file.

@Spuds this is the code

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The instruction on the site says

QuoteThis code should be inserted at the very end of your pages, just before the </body> tag.
The code needs to be present on every page where you'd like VigLink to work. The best way to install this code everywhere is to add it to your site's template.

I was trying to insert it in the index.template.php file of the theme

Reply #6

A typo, in the package-info I wrote VIgLink with an uppercase "I" instead of the lowercase.
Fixed package in attachment.
Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:06:04 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Thanks, that seems to have fixed the insert box  8)

Viglink still isn't detecting the referral code for some reason.

I've tried disabling the portal and reverting back to the original theme but no luck so far. I'll keep working on it to see if I can find the reason. It'll probably be something small.

And more than likely something I've done ::)
Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:51:34 am by davemc

Reply #8

I should really, really stop posting code without testing it even barely... :-[

I added too much stuff, that means the html script tags themselves and that breaks the javascript.
Remove the old one and use the one attached here. This time I did some basic testing and it seems to work as expected. Not having a proper viglink code I can't be 100% sure, but at least there are no javascript errors. :D

Replaced again the package with some different code.
Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:05:51 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.