Skip to main content
Topic: A bit of bloating (Read 7113 times) previous topic - next topic

A bit of bloating

https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload

emanuele is playing with it for a project

emanuele thinks it would be possible to write an addon for Elkarte "easily" (at least it should be easier than for SMF) to replace the default attachments upload box
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: A bit of bloating

Reply #1

I've been checking that out myself, I think its pretty 8)  If it can be done for Elkarte I say go for it, and if it can't be done easily, well then we need to change some things in elkarte so it can be !

Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:52:15 am by TestMonkey

Reply #2

That is a thing of beauty. I vote you guys make it happen. :D
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #3

kn wikkid. I like. :)
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #4

Spuds were you looking at it for default?
Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:20:39 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I was just playing with that one and a couple of others some time back but did not do much more than that.

Default you say :P, don't know what does everyone else think? 

Reply #6

Oook.

For now I have just used the custom uploader because I needed a way to upload images not bound to the attachments system (I needed it mainly to add images to blocks in SP and install AEVA just for that was a bit overkill, so since I should be the only one using it it should be fine like that...I also used a kind of strange positioning on the right of the textarea (it's a while I'm thinking that on the left and the right of the textarea there is a lot of unused space that could be filled with an upload system...well originally (some years ago) the plan was another but that's another story) that doesn't look so good (I had to use a couple of dirty javascript tricks to be able to set the box in the correct position with the design I would like it to have (and I mostly failed since I hate both javascript and css...))).

...I admit I had to count the parentheses to be sure were correctly closed. :P

mmm...small "bug" (or missing feature depending on the point of view): the textarea of the editor doesn't resize on changing the width of the page.
Also from time to time the resize bar jumps here and there...ohh well I can disable javascript. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quotemmm...small "bug" (or missing feature depending on the point of view): the textarea of the editor doesn't resize on changing the width of the page.
Also from time to time the resize bar jumps here and there...ohh well I can disable javascript. :P
Yeah I knew about the textarea resize issue, it creates that textarea based off the initial window size  but does not refresh that size when you resize the window.  We could report it to Sam and see if he wants to make a change. 

Not sure I've seen the resize bar jump ...

Reply #8

To (quick) note:
I favor the refactoring: detach of the upload files functionality in Elkarte, from strictly attachments to posts. It should be reusable for something like "attachments" to articles of SP.

If we do that, the replacement of the implementation with this implementation might be even easier.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #9

Tracked, for the poor memory of some of us.

TestMonkey has poor memory and even looser discipline. :P

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/224
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #10

Decoupling is at a rather good level now: attaching a file and post are two quite independent actions (glued together by $_SESSION), probably not yet perfect.
For 1.1 should be rather easy to implement that with out standard attachments system. :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Doesn't matter but it's Aeva not AEVA :P
Source: the author ^^

Reply #12

Quote from: emanuele – Decoupling is at a rather good level now: attaching a file and post are two quite independent actions (glued together by $_SESSION), probably not yet perfect.
For 1.1 should be rather easy to implement that with out standard attachments system. :D
Awesome ... its on the 1.1 list for sure :)

Quote from: Nao – Doesn't matter but it's Aeva not AEVA :P
Source: the author ^^
At least it was spelled right :P

Reply #13

Trudat!

Although, technically, the Aeva mod with a gallery area is called Aeva Media, since Aeva itself was only the embedding part, but... I can understand it might put people off ;)