Skip to main content
Topic: Additional options as a user option? (Read 7892 times) previous topic - next topic

Additional options as a user option?

I used the search function, but I couldn't find anything related to this. I believe it's currently an admin option to automatically display the additional options when posting a new topic. Some users prefer to have them collapsed by default, while other users prefer to have them expanded instead. It's not really a big deal, but if there's an admin option for it, I don't see any reason why it can't be added as user option. :)

To be honest, I have no idea how user options work so I can't write some code to do this myself.

Re: Additional options as a user option?

Reply #1

Interesting. I also find it a little bit hard to do specific search without the options like the admin has.

Reply #2

Having it as a user option is more overhead (just so you're aware of that).
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #3

The overhead is not significant actually. If the default is adhered to, it's a single extra row in the themes table per theme (versus one row total in the settings table), plus one row for every non-default value.

There's already enough fluff that it's not likely to be made much worse.

Reply #4

Tracked https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/220
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.