Skip to main content
Topic: Dismissible "new after update" message (Read 2218 times) previous topic - next topic

Dismissible "new after update" message

I thought about this just after the avatars commit.
It may be very, very nice, to have a way to inform admins that something relevant has changed between small updates (since anyway we tend to sneak some minor "tweak" to how things work), and do that on the forum.
I was thinking to an "infobox" placed where important admin notes are placed.
Do that wouldn't be so difficult, just a record in the settings table added when the update is installed via package manager.
But then there should be a way to dismiss the message, that of course must be "by-admin", so that each admin can dismiss its own message and not the message for all the admins at once.
I think this is not too difficult to obtain as well, just something like the various toggles we have around.

Should it also be time-based? (i.e. after a week or two it disappears by itself.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Dismissible "new after update" message

Reply #1

I don't see the need for it to be time based, just a box with a dismiss button would be enough IMO  But its a good idea to let the admin know they need to visit, say the avatars permissions page, after the upgrade to check on settings.