Skip to main content
Topic: dropdown linktree instead of jump to (Read 15025 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: dropdown linktree instead of jump to

Reply #15

LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Started with a very basic structure for now over here

Reply #18

Awesome ... I can see that being a useful way to navigate around the site  :)

I could not tell with the me text, are you just adding the hover event to the last couple of characters or did you have to insert some blank text there?  Also it would be good to use the hover-intent function (if you did not) like we have on the menus and tooltips, etc makes drop downs less jittery IMO

Reply #19

Quote from: Spuds – Awesome ... I can see that being a useful way to navigate around the site  :)

I could not tell with the me text, are you just adding the hover event to the last couple of characters or did you have to insert some blank text there?  Also it would be good to use the hover-intent function (if you did not) like we have on the menus and tooltips, etc makes drop downs less jittery IMO
Currently the dropdowns appear with a click, as with users like(impatient) me and hover functionality one can easily get there servers killed.

The 'me' text is just a dummy text, so that I can know where I need to click to make the dropdown appear. For sure someone need to design the dropdrown and area to click/hover as I'm way too poor in terms of designer.

Reply #20

Ah even better making that a click option, yeah yeah thats what I meant to say :P

So its just a click area on the right side of the linktree text.

You know I could just pull in the branch and check it instead of pestering you with questions !

Reply #21

Quote from: Spuds – Ah even better making that a click option, yeah yeah thats what I meant to say :P

So its just a click area on the right side of the linktree text.

You know I could just pull in the branch and check it instead of pestering you with questions !
Yup, exactly, just click on 'me' text and the drop down appears.

Moreover, I've cached the results and dropdown for the current page as discussed over here and following replies.

Lol, only pull the branch if you are sending some awesome PR's as usual :D. Here's the TODO on my mind:

- Hide dropdown if users clicks anywhere else on the page
- Add functionality whether user can see the board/topic
- visit other pages and see how linktree behaves
- thinking where we need to show the messages when someone clicks on topic named area of linktree?

Please add if I'm missing something.

Reply #22

Just a small bump over here.

Do we want to integrate linktree dropdown in sections like
- Private Messages
- Admin panel etc

In these sections we can show the menu dropdown options in linktree dropdowns.