Skip to main content
Topic: 1.0.5 Board e-mails not coming  (Read 9409 times) previous topic - next topic

1.0.5 Board e-mails not coming

We don't get any messages (e-mails) anymore when new members have registered. Can anyone check this please?

Re: 1.0.5 Board e-mails not coming

Reply #1

Did "Notify administrators when a new member joins" get unchecked?  Be sure to check spam filters and bounced email logs on the server.  Are you using the mail queue?

Reply #2

How do you send mails? Phpmail or SMTP? Probably they are marked as spam, you can check your email " spam test"  here https://www.mail-tester.com
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – Did "Notify administrators when a new member joins" get unchecked?  Be sure to check spam filters and bounced email logs on the server.  Are you using the mail queue?

It's checked. The Mails are not in my spam folder. I am using not the mail queue and php standard for sending mails. All was okay a few weeks before. Now we are not getting any notifications at all. Could it be a problem with the update to 1.0.5?

I will ask my members if they get any email notifications at all.

Reply #4

I depends when exactly stopped working.
If it stopped the moment you installed 1.0.5 then it may be, there were changes to the "new members joining" emailing, but it works fine here (provided this is really the latest code and I didn't forget to push something to the repo before releasing... okay, lots of assumptions on my side here... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

It seems board notifications are coming through, but I don't get an email when a new member registered any more. Do you get these emails here?

I logged in at the hoster email login (webmail) to be sure there are no emails marked as spam. On the server of my hoster there are no emails waiting or marked as spam, my Google account found no waiting emails either (I am using Pop3 to get them into my Google Inbox). They are nowhere.

Reply #6

For me is working, I use 1.0.5 version and I get mail when a member register to my forum.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

Hm, I have to try again tomorrow...

Reply #8

I tried to register another test account on my board. After getting the email with activation link, I get this error message when I click on the activation link:

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (member_ids)

The account seems to be activated anyhow, but is not shown in info center as latest member.  :o

I used the same email address for this new user as is set in the server settings as board email. Can this be the problem?

Help is needed!

Edit: After looking at my error log it seems all new members get the error message shown above. The latest one is from November 16th. The errors are marked as critical.

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (member_ids)
Function: membersBy
Datei: /www/htdocs/w00f21f1/hp_elkarte/sources/subs/Members.subs.php
Zeile: 1516

There still is no email coming through. Must be, as I registered the test user today. But there isn't.

Reply #9

hmm... I can't see that function used in the registration process, do you have any addon installed?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Sure.

AEVA BBCode replacement 0.0.1
AmazonAffiliate4ElkArte 1.0
Google Member Map 1.0
Home Page 0.0.1
Message to New Members 0.0.1
Recent Topics 0.0.3
Topic Author 1.0

Reply #11

Board notifications are coming through, I get one. So it seems only registration emails are making problems. And the error message posted above.

Reply #13

Okay. Simply upload and overwrite?

Reply #14

Uninstall and install the new version, better. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.