Skip to main content
Topic: Homepage bugz (Read 7147 times) previous topic - next topic

Homepage bugz

Mainly for @Spuds

The boxes on the homepage are not equal in width (blame me  :P ), this should fix it:

Code: (home.css) [Select]
.box div {
    width: 100%;
}
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Re: Homepage bugz

Reply #1

https://github.com/elkarte/elkarte.net

emanuele whistles innocently :P

And we need two addons:
1) mark as solved,
2) topics labels. :P (Or I could just finish the tags addon I was working on :P)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: TE – Mainly for @Spuds

The boxes on the homepage are not equal in width (blame me  :P ), this should fix it:

Code: (home.css) [Select]
.box div {
    width: 100%;
}
All updated.  I also had to add the additional browser box-sizing tags, at least in FF the layout was, well not box sized.  Should be all good now. 

Still chasing around a few bugs from the directory moves, probably need to add in a redirect directive for all the links that are now wrong :P

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – https://github.com/elkarte/elkarte.net

And we need two addons:
1) mark as solved,
2) topics labels. :P (Or I could just finish the tags addon I was working on :P)
It was never clear to me what that was for  O:-) So that should reflect what we have installed on the site?  (so adding in the new home page and css should be done in that repo?)

Do you know if those mods licensed so we can convert them?

Reply #4

Quote from: Spuds – All updated.  I also had to add the additional browser box-sizing tags, at least in FF the layout was, well not box sized.  Should be all good now.  
great.

Quote from: emanuele – https://github.com/elkarte/elkarte.net

And we need two addons:
1) mark as solved,

yep, both addons would help a lot.. "topic solved" is from @[SiNaN]  (still have a copy here), we should ask him regarding the license  ;)

elkarte.net repo: Totally forgot  that repo O:-) but it is completely outdated anyway. I think we'd need something which automatically synchronizes that repo with the server website. Dunno if  Github (api) or the server supports that?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

@Spuds yes, I think the idea was to have it sync'ed with the live site providing a way to easily replicate it.

@TE we have to improve the @ thingy not to stop when non-alphabetic chars are used, otherwise [SiNaN] will never get the notification... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – @Spuds yes, I think the idea was to have it sync'ed with the live site providing a way to easily replicate it.
Should be possible with the API or just the basic commands I would think.  A site to github, one way thing.
Quote from: emanuele –
@TE we have to improve the @ thingy not to stop when non-alphabetic chars are used, otherwise [SiNaN] will never get the notification... :(
Do you know if the restriction is in our code or in the atwho code?  

Quotetopic solved" is from @[SiNaN]  (still have a copy here), we should ask him regarding the license  ;)
In looking around I've found ones from [SiNaN],  Grudge,  Jay Bachatero, even a Simpledesk version ... They seem to have a common base and then each offer some different options.  

Anyway I've started on our version, hope to have the basics addon done soon so we can play with it, then we can decide what other features it may need.

Reply #7

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: emanuele – @TE we have to improve the @ thingy not to stop when non-alphabetic chars are used, otherwise [SiNaN] will never get the notification... :(
Do you know if the restriction is in our code or in the atwho code? 
I think atwho... but it should be possible to "hook" into the filter... or not, I did it a while ago and already forgot almost everything. lol

Quote from: Spuds – Anyway I've started on our version, hope to have the basics addon done soon so we can play with it, then we can decide what other features it may need.
You are darn too fast! :P
BTW, that would be a good way to find out if Elk needs more hooks or things like that. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Just to note, I think I had told emanuele that he could do whatever he wanted with the Topic Solved mod and that still stands, in case you need it or a part of it.

Reply #9

Quote from: [SiNaN] – Just to note, I think I had told emanuele that he could do whatever he wanted with the Topic Solved mod and that still stands, in case you need it or a part of it.
Thank you !!

Reply #10

:+100:

Yes, now that you said I remember! (Is it not yet time for Johnny Mnemonic's technology? O:-))
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

No problem. Just make the mentioning thing work with my name and we'll be even. :P

Reply #13

Thanks! I'll test it once you guys update the site. ;)

Reply #14

QuoteBTW, that would be a good way to find out if Elk needs more hooks or things like that. O:-)
It did need a few, and a few fixes / tweaks in a couple of areas ... https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1210

The first pass of the addon is here:  https://bitbucket.org/spuds_/solved-topics.  Not sure what other features we want, sooooo