Skip to main content
Topic: no rtl support and RTL.CSS is not loading  (Read 4155 times) previous topic - next topic

no rtl support and RTL.CSS is not loading

Hi , i've installed ElkArte 1.0.9 , and the Arabic language pack , but whan setting the forum language as Arabic i can hardly see any rtl support , the template layout still the same as it looks in English language.

Also noticed that the rtl.css is not loaded , using firefox 51.0.1 (view page source) , so my question is : if i downloaded the right version of ElkArte and if the rtl.css not supposed to be loaded in that version .
attached 2 images to explain what i am talking about.
thanks for your wonderfull work!

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard03.jpg

Re: no rtl support and RTL.CSS is not loading

Reply #1

You can copy the rtl.css to custom.css and it will load the css automatically, but I think it is not fully working as what you described. More work need to be done to fix that. May be our master of css @Antechinus can come to the rescue, if he is here somewhere.

Reply #2

Looks like the Arabic language pack doesn't set itself.
It may be an issue with the packaging process. To check it out.

In the meantime, change in your /themes/default/languages/arabic/index.arabic.php the string:
Code: [Select]
$txt['lang_rtl'] = false;
to:
$txt['lang_rtl'] = true;
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

$txt['lang_rtl'] = true / yes that worked

Reply #3

@ahrasis thank you for your kind help , copying the rtl.css into a custom.css as you suggested , it was loaded in browser , worked only partially but some layouts and some contents were mislocated .

@emanuele thank you for your kind help , i used your fix :
Quote from: emanuele – In the meantime, change in your /themes/default/languages/arabic/index.arabic.php the string:
$txt['lang_rtl'] = false;
to:
$txt['lang_rtl'] = true;
and it worked , the rtl.css file was loaded , so you were right about the "Arabic language pack doesn't set itself"
furthermore i tested this issue on the forum here , and the issue exists here too so you might want to fix that as well .

Of course there are more things in the default theme (RTL version) which need to be fixed , i intend to use my current installation of 1.0.9 as a clients support forum for a certain software , and i will use the default theme for it , so i will be working on it beside rewriting and modifying some phrases of the Arabic translation for the front end ,
So if there is still any going on developing or fixing for this theme, allow me to get involved by testing and feed back or helping in anyway i can
thank you

Reply #4

You are very much welcome to contribute.

Reply #5

Quote from: sherif – So if there is still any going on developing or fixing for this theme, allow me to get involved by testing and feed back or helping in anyway i can
Sure!
And if you have any improvement on the translation, feel free to submit it (usually by registering at transifex and asking to be added to the translators group, otherwise just posting the relevant infos on the forum).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Fixed locally for Arabic.
If any other language is missing let me know, I'll try to fix it. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Maybe it would be better to have:
for RTL languages:
$txt['lang_rtl'] = 'true';
or
$txt['lang_rtl'] = 'rtl';

and for others
$txt['lang_rtl'] = '';

then anyone could set it while translating it at Transifex?

Reply #8

That's something that crossed my mind as well.
It could be a very simple and fast solution.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.