Skip to main content
Topic: Feature request: Image Proxy (Read 23581 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Feature request: Image Proxy

Reply #45

Thanks  :D

Here is the latest version for testing.  I added for testing.

•  Don't cache if its from the site already
  • Fixed the scheduled task code so its 1.0.x compat
  • Added a clear db entry function if the file is not found, but was a valid request
  • The error log fixes from above as well.

Reply #46

I installed the latest version and the images from own domain are not cached anymore. Today I will install it on the other forum and see how is playing. No errors for now in elkarte log. 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #47

Thanks for all your testing on this :D 

Reply #48

@Spuds do you have a version of this for 1.1.x?

I was going to look into creating one but it seems you've done most of the work, so I don't mind testing and correcting any issues I find.

Reply #49

Quote from: tino – @Spuds do you have a version of this for 1.1.x?

I was going to look into creating one but it seems you've done most of the work, so I don't mind testing and correcting any issues I find.
The version in this repo https://github.com/Spuds/Elk_Image_Cache should be the version for 1.1 ... I don't think I've pulled in the changes for the fixes that were found for the 1.0 branch so there are probably a couple of bugs. 

Reply #50

Thanks @Spuds the v10 is working nicely on 1.0.x. How's the 1.1 branch doing these days? I might upgrade this weekend.

Reply #51

Cool, glad its working  :)

We are running the 1.1 version on this site (the latest in the above repo) so except for those pesky bugs it should be good to go.

Reply #52

Live illustration of the issue I pointed out on GitHub:

Reply #53

The problem here is likely related to how the resizing images deal with the max width/height.
They are probably resizing the image to the max irrespective of the fact the image is smaller.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #54

The problem of huge images was also present in the image proxy add-on that @Spuds made for 1.0.x but was solved for 1.0.x
sorry for my bad english

Reply #56

I think that is the correct version of the addon for 1.0.x. I just did a test on my forum with the same image you used here and it works fine:
test.png
sorry for my bad english

Reply #57

Do you have any special image resizing settings? I'm using 1.0.10 with, afaik, the default.

Edit: oh, atm I don't have ImageMagick enabled. That does tend to result in superior image processing, doesn't it? Is that automatic within Elk or how does that work?

Edit 2: ah yes, that is slightly better. I'll still have to dive into the code because I want working GIFs and I don't want that link but that can probably wait until upgrading to 1.1.

Also there should be some kind of "empty cache" button.

Reply #58

If IM works as expected, then my suspects are right.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #59

I have ImageMagick enabled.
Quote from: Frenzie – Also there should be some kind of "empty cache" button.
There is an option for that in Maintenance -> Routine -> Empty the image cache. This is referred to 1.0.x addon
sorry for my bad english