Skip to main content
Topic: Bug in who after installing 1.0.8 (Read 2920 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from ElkArte 1.0.8 - Release annou...

Bug in who after installing 1.0.8

This [1.0.8] update causes problems for me.  The ip addresses on the who page when viewed as admin are no longer valid IP addresses but instead 5 digit numbers with no periods.

Attempting to uninstall the update brings up Test Failed on sources/Subs.php and sources/subs/Cache.subs.php.  (No failures were listed on install.)  Oddly the main tag says tests failed but all the subtests for each file show test successful.  Also, they both have as the first modification an an add before whose details show no text in either the find or the add before box.

ETA:  I had been running 1.0.6 before deciding to update today.  Checking the 1.0.7 install it also has messed up ip addresses on the who listing but in a different form.  It still has the periods but the ip addresses displayed are not the correct values.  This was checked by restoring a backup of the 1.0.7 upgrade not by uninstalling the 1.0.8 upgrade.

Edited by emanuele: added some context after the split
Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:40:51 pm by emanuele

Re: Bug in who after installing 1.0.8

Reply #1

The problem here is "simply" that in 1.0.8 the IP is now stored as a string without using INET_ATON/NTOA to avoid more issues with IPv6 and it is shown as a number until the address is not updated, that usually happens every few seconds (8).
So, unless it doesn't update in let's say half an hour showing correct addresses, that may be a different issue.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It's been over an hour and I still see the same issue.  4 or 5 digit numbers with no periods. 

Reply #3

Actually forcing my own IP address to change just results in a different wrong number being shown.  I don't think this is going to fix itself.

Reply #4

It was supposed to correct itself, except the db field was in the wrong format due to one of my overlooking... :-\

The attached patch to the patch is going to fix this and another bug with cached stuff I noticed in the meantime.