Skip to main content
Topic: Something caused most of my installed packages to appear uninstalled (Read 2012 times) previous topic - next topic

Something caused most of my installed packages to appear uninstalled

Some time in a migration process, the installed status for three of the four packages I have installed in our forum became "uninstalled". They're still applied, but the system thinks they're not. Is the installation somehow tied to the file modification times?

Re: Something caused most of my installed packages to appear uninstalled

Reply #1

Quote from: kode54 – Some time in a migration process, the installed status for three of the four packages I have installed in our forum became "uninstalled". They're still applied, but the system thinks they're not. Is the installation somehow tied to the file modification times?

I think so, yes. I had this issue myself. Suggestion is to delete the files via ElkArte rather than via ssh or FTP. Then readd. It should then correctly allow you to uninstall once you've done that.

I'd had to do something similar where my package that I'd installed would not allow me to install it or uninstall it and it took quite a few times of uninstalling, reinstalling and deleting before I finally managed to get it to work properly.

Reply #2

It seems the install log got wiped by Open Importer when I imported the final forum database into ElkArte.

Reply #3

Install log is not imported because any SMF mod installed would not work in Elk and it would be "uninstalled" anyway.
It's one of those information table that are not ported because are basically "system-specific" and are not particularly relevant in the new system.

But the question I'd have is: what kind of migration process did you do?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

It wasn't the SMF install log. I installed the mods onto ElkArte after importing into it once, then imported into it a second time.

Reply #5

Ahhh, okay, that makes sense now.
The way the importer is thought is to make the imported forum as much "clean" as possible, so most (if not all) of the logs are wiped.
It should be possible, during the import, to specify not to take some of the steps, disabling the log_installed (if present) should "fix" this behaviour.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Also, considering how addons will be handled in the future, this will become less important.
Actually, that reminds me that starting from... 2.0 for example (or maybe later), the role of the package manager should become more like an unzipper: unpack the code of the addon in a directory and let the addon through integrations take care of everything else. That would mean 1) the log will lose its role of tracking of the installed state, it will be just a log of "when" the addon was unpacked and 2) as a consequence of 1, it may be necessary another log to track activation/deactivation of addons.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.