Skip to main content
Topic: [dunno] editor buttons lines (Read 4141 times) previous topic - next topic

[dunno] editor buttons lines

Dunno because it can be a bug or it can be an useless feature.

While working on the editor (1.3.x) I added a small hack to have buttons on multiple lines.
I see that now the editor keeps the buttons in one line, but the php code still has the "new line" mark.

Do you prefer the single line or the double one?

Note to self: if we want to keep the multiple lines I think it's better to change the symbol that defined the end of the line (currently a double pipe || with I'd say an exclamation mark !).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: [dunno] editor buttons lines

Reply #1

Exclamation mark is used in PHP for =/= so would be better to use something else.
My 2c: one line is good if you have the width, but the buttons should stack well on narrower screens. This should work with just css. No php should be necessary.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

That's how already works: one line that automatically splits on multiples if it doesn't fit into the screen (forgot to say).
Though there are advantages with predefined multiple lines, for example you don't have to go and search for a button every time (or at least most of the times) you resize your window.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Yeah but you can do that by grouping them, so they line break in chunks instead of individually. Still don't need php.

Also, the css should be tweaked so there is a space between lines. About 6px or so at a guess.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #4

emanuele is css dumb, you know.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.