Skip to main content
Topic: "Missing Key" error on reply-email (Read 30 times) previous topic - next topic

"Missing Key" error on reply-email

I have just updated to 1.1.8 (from 1.1.6). Now I'm willing to resolve an email-problem. Reply emails (post by email) can be viewd in the moderator view, but tagged with "Missing Key". Auto repair is not possible.

I'd suggest that the message-ID is shaped like this, visible in the email body when view "all headers and message" is activated.
Message-ID: <744f8fa1bfcf919a924dc845228ac5c5-20@forum.xxxxxx.yy>

I can see that the reply to the forum contains the same ID as the received notification.
I also experimented - without success - by copying the key into the message body directly, since a short code review tells me that the key is searched for in the header section as well as in the mail body.

Hint: Elkarte is not setup to operate with piping option since the mail server does not support this (I assume that piping is recommended simply because of no mailbox polling delay).
I think that the settings for this (in my case: POP3, TLS, port 110) is not specifically interesting, since the emails arrive and can be viewed in de moderate queue.

Is there any log that I can access in order to localize the cause of the problem?