Skip to main content
Topic: jquery after install (Read 4861 times) previous topic - next topic

jquery after install

Code: [Select]
	// First up, load jquery
if (isset($modSettings['jquery_source']) && !$do_defered)
but at install $modSettings['jquery_source'] is not set, so jquery doesn't load and everything is mostly broken...

Why $modSettings['jquery_source'] should not be set?
And wouldn't be better to just fallback to auto if "not set"?
Or if there is the possibility we don't want to load jQuery at all (I don't think it's realistic at the moment), have a "no jQuery" option?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: jquery after install

Reply #1

Good question(s)

There is no reason that Why $modSettings['jquery_source'] (maybe some odd addon?) would not be set, as long as we take care of that during install/upgrade. 

I'm not sure an off option is needed, I'm trying to understand a situation where we would not want to load the library.  Easy enough to add though.

During install/upgrade we might just want to force it on and set it as local to avoid any other uncertainties

Reply #2

Yep, that's what I was thinking me too.

The only remote possible situation where you wouldn't load jQuery I think is if you intend to overhaul everything and base the entire javascript on a different library...but that would basically be a fork, so don't think it's worth considering... lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Or your name is Bloc :P ;)

Reply #4

I know he is crazy! (pretty much like any of us :P)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – but at install $modSettings['jquery_source'] is not set, so jquery doesn't load and everything is mostly broken...

Why $modSettings['jquery_source'] should not be set?

Twasn't me! Bug. I don't do bugz.

QuoteAnd wouldn't be better to just fallback to auto if "not set"?
Quote from: Spuds – There is no reason that Why $modSettings['jquery_source'] (maybe some odd addon?) would not be set, as long as we take care of that during install/upgrade. 
Quote from: SpudsDuring install/upgrade we might just want to force it on and set it as local to avoid any other uncertainties

See? Bug.

Yup. To supporrt a theme based on a different javascript librrary, iz verry unusual, I'd say.

Worrks for me as special case for us, if you folks want it.