Skip to main content
Topic: Change Tab name.. (Read 2885 times) previous topic - next topic

Change Tab name..

Hello everyone.

where can change the name that appears in the Tab??

Wiseouz / Ouzy Apps / BlenderHive

Re: Change Tab name..

Reply #1

Usually it should show the forum name that is set in the admin panel (server settings IIRC).
Out of curiosity, what do you want to show?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – Usually it should show the forum name that is set in the admin panel (server settings IIRC).
Out of curiosity, what do you want to show?

I didnt notice it intill today.. i want to show the name of the forum.. blenderhive

Reply #3

Can someone please help????????????

Reply #4

Quote from: ahrasis – You put an image instead of forum name. Just remove that.

is it possible for the image to stay.. it's a logo i made for the community, it's like a part of it

Reply #5

The image has nothing to do with the title attribute. ;)
It doesn't even have anything to do with the h1 and the logo, because the two are independent.

I'll quote myself:
Quote from: emanuele – Usually it should show the forum name that is set in the admin panel (server settings IIRC).
;)
So, admin > config > server settings (> general) and set a forum title.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele –
The image has nothing to do with the title attribute. ;)
It doesn't even have anything to do with the h1 and the logo, because the two are independent.

I'll quote myself:
;)
So, admin > config > server settings (> general) and set a forum title.

I tried removing the logo but nothing changed..
then i tried admin > config > server settings > general.. and its worked but the index still there, the name is like that now (forumtitle - index)

Reply #7

Hi Ouzrar. I'm a newcomer to ElkArte, but I think I understand what you are asking about. The TITLE shown by your browser is set by the forum software, so the "index" means you are viewing the index page. If you just want to remove that and always show only the name of your forum, look in the index.template.php file in the theme you are using. In the default theme, on line 126 (which is in the beginning of template_html_above() function that defines the pages, is the following line:

<title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>';

The $context['page_title_html_safe'] is a variable set by the forum software to contain the title of the current page. If you delete the variable and the single quotes (') and commas (,) around it (you can do this with a text editor like notepad), it will stop showing the title of the page you are on in your browser. The line should read:

<title><title>';

when you are done, or you can put some text to show after the name of your forum between the title tags. For example:

<title>a very good site!</title>';

would show in your browser as "blenderhive - a very good site!

Note that if you want to use a single quote (') in such text, you MUST precede it with a backslash (\).

Hope this helps!

Reply #8

Sorry for the confusion (I deleted my earlier post). I was thinking that you use site logo in place of title name, so if that was the case, restoring the title name would do it. I forgot it was a tab and that logo is for the tab. Lol.

I conclude you either did not name your forum during installation or mistakenly erased it, so @emanuele guide should be good for you.

As for the "- index" thingy, it is the default for EA (or SMF). You can disable by removing it in the default language file for your forum. I think it is index.english.php or something.

For @Cutter, firstly, welcome to EA. Secondly, I don't think that is the best way to remove "- index" from Board Index as that is used everywhere in EA forum, so my advice will be as I said above or use an addon for it.

I did write an addon for it but feel free to modify it to suit your needs.

Reply #9

@Cutter modifying index.template.php that way, the title will change for each and every page of the forum, and this is unlikely what Ouzrar wants (and what usually you want).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

To correct my earlier post, I did not realize that the title was defined in the language file index.english.php as Ahrasis pointed out; I thought it was hard-coded somewhere. And as both he and Emanuele pointed out, modifying the language file is a much better plan than changing the index,template.php file.

Reply #11

I have solved my probleme with just deleting - index from index.english.php as @ahrasis said :D

Thank you sooo much everyone for your time and patience