Skip to main content
Topic: Daily generated language packs (Read 1024 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Daily generated language packs

Hi all,

I noticed that the daily generated language packs on transifex does not include any changes since version 1.1.3

Some strings where added (and translated) since that version, but the packs that it generates daily does not contain them.

Re: Daily generated language packs

Reply #1

Just to be clear ...  you are not seeing updates posted here: https://translations.elkarte.net/  That site should always have the latest packages (assuming they are being built correctly)  If so which language pack is down level?

Re: Daily generated language packs

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – Just to be clear ...  you are not seeing updates posted here: https://translations.elkarte.net/  That site should always have the latest packages (assuming they are being built correctly)  If so which language pack is down level?

Correct. The translations generated daily does not include strings added since 1.1.3. For instance the meta data strings added in 1.1.9 in help and admin templates are not present in the language files downloaded, but does exist on the site for translation. Furthermore the actual name for the generated folders when extracting the downloaded archive is language_1-1-3

I didn't try downloading all of the languages to check if its the case for all of them, but i did try download 3 different ones and they were all missing strings. The only way to get correct files is to go into the translation module itself on the website and download an entire language. That will give you the correct strings, but the daily automatically generated files does not contain all strings.

Re: Daily generated language packs

Reply #3

Well I know this is a late response  :grimacing: but this should now be fixed. https://translations.elkarte.net/

Previously I did not have shell access to the language site, only FTP, so I could not see what error was being thrown, or even test a fix.  Since we moved to a new server I got my SSH access back and was able to correct several things.

Once again the packages should regenerate each night.  There is a cron job that pulls the translations from transifex and then creates the actual package files that you can use on a site.

I also pushed the latest 1.1 language files, I don't think that had been done in some time, and as such new/modifed strings were not shown in transifex, but now its all up to date.