Skip to main content
Topic: Verification NOT exempting Moderators (Read 2701 times) previous topic - next topic

Verification NOT exempting Moderators

Post count under which users must pass verification to make a post
(0 for no limit, moderators are exempt)

I have this set to 5, and moderators are not being exempted.

P.S. I'm sure said Moderator will reply here, indignant enough, to be trouted. :P

Re: Verification NOT exempting Moderators

Reply #1

Attached.

Forgot to include the permission when called in template file? Can't have a look, just guessing :P
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

If the affected moderator is Flavio... then I guess it's fine as it is. :P

hmm....
Tricky situation.

ElkArte (like SMF) considers "moderator" the local moderators, not the global ones:
Code: [Select]
$user_info['is_mod'] = isset($board_info['moderators'][$user_info['id']]);
I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning behind, I can understand part of it (i.e. the part where being a local moderator requires a special group assigned at run-time), but not all (i.e. it doesn't make much sense force global moderators to have to pass verification to post).

That said, change the value of is_mod is not really possible without making a bit of a mess, so I'd add a new one:
Code: [Select]
$user_info['is_moderator'] = isset($board_info['moderators'][$user_info['id']]) || allowedTo('moderate_board');
in preparation to phase out is_mod in future, then use that one for the verifications (and may be other things).

Darn, I finished refactoring verifications in 1.1 a couple of days ago and now this bug!! >_< LOL

Tracked: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2120
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I don't use regular moderator group.
If someone is to be a moderator, on my sites, that person is going to be Global Moderator.

So, does the "fix" above still hold for me?

P.S.

Quote from: emanuele – If the affected moderator is Flavio... then I guess it's fine as it is. :P

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – If the affected moderator is Flavio... then I guess it's fine as it is. :P
</3 xD

That's good, it'd be a bit stupid leave it as it was by default...

Quote from: emanuele – Darn, I finished refactoring verifications in 1.1 a couple of days ago and now this bug!! >_< LOL
"Finished"? What "Finished"?! It is finished when I say so, and I say it's bug-free ;D

@Burke Knight yes, it applies to any membergroup with "moderate_board" permission.

Reply #5

@Flavio93Zena

I'm not too certain of that, as there are differences.

I'm not too sure what the call is for g-mods.

Reply #6

There is no call for g-mods--
Quote from: Flavio93Zena – it applies to any membergroup with "moderate_board" permission.

If gmods have such permission (should have it, otherwise they wouldn't be mods...) then they are included.

Reply #7

Dude, I'm not talking the permission....
I'm talking the $user_info['is_moderator']