Skip to main content
Topic: Notifications (Read 1099 times) previous topic - next topic

Notifications

I'm back on another round of notifications, specifically email / maillist as it replates to post replies and new topics.  

Previously I redid all the Mail functions so they make sense and don't have a bunch of dated cruft in them.  I also broke out the profile notification area to have separate settings/board/topic pages for easy navigation (previously it was one page that contained 3 forms)

Now I'm working on allowing the post replies to be sent in HTML when using the maillist functions and members that are getting the full text of the message.   This is much cleaner to do now since the Mail functions were redone, although there are some quirks due to the way we use email templates.

A couple of the options we have is Moderation only if I started the topic and Replies and Moderation either of which sends notices about a topic being locked/stickied/moved/removed/merged and I find myself wondering why we have that?  My inclination is to remove that as useless.  I'm sure there is some history behind "why" its there.

So is there any use for email notifications on a topic's moderation actions? (which of course does not include editing LOL)

Re: Notifications

Reply #1

Quote from: Spuds –
So is there any use for email notifications on a topic's moderation actions? (which of course does not include editing LOL)

I can imagine that being used on a strictly email distribution list platform, but for a forum, with email notifications as an option.. not really.
I don't use moderation on my forum (my users are validated before entry) so I certainly have no need for it. And therefor my opinion is essentially..... worthless..   :P  

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //