Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED]translations ok in the files but some not display (Read 3159 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED]translations ok in the files but some not display

Hi,
i have made some translations in the french langpack last week and i can see now that the files are ok but some translations are not displayed.
For exemple in the install file the translations for groups are ok but not display :
elkarte_translations2.png
elkarte_translations.png
I refresh the page, delete all data in the navigator but not translations.
Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 05:18:54 am by augras

Re: translations ok in the files but some not display

Reply #1

I think those are in the group language file, could be another example of the same string in two files.

Reply #2

I made a search in all files, file by file, and found these channels only in install.english.php.
Which file is the group language file ?

Reply #3

Oh those, LOL 
Yes you are correct, they are  added to the DB during the install phase, so if the translation was not there at install time, you get the defaults.  Both those are placeholders, you can easily change the names with the admin panel post install.

Reply #4

You are right. I found ! Where i made the capture, on the right of each line, there is a button Edit !  My mind was on the translation file and my eyes... also ! Sorry for that. But it's a little bit a creasy thing, no ?

Reply #5

I made a test.
I translated these channels to french and put my default language to english : the groups are still in french.
With administrators from differents countries, even with the good langpack for each, these channels never change.
Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:13:55 pm by augras

Reply #6

nods That makes sense from the perspective of the program.  I'm not very informed on how all translations work, but I don't think any DB added values get translated.  For example the board descriptions and names don't get translated (that I know of).   I don't think the member groups are treated any differently, meaning they are not part of the i18n process and are just shown in the default language of the site.

Reply #7

I think individual language preference overrides site language preference but I am not sure whether that relates to the discussed problems here.

Reply #8

Quote from: ahrasis – I think individual language preference overrides site language preference
yes. I confirm
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

I'm referring to the DB values ... If I go to @radu81 site and set my language as English, I don't think the board descriptions / names will change to English nor post content or any other value that is "DB" based vs one of the $txt strings.  But I don't visit to may non English boards, just some Spanish ones.

Reply #10

Don't worry about it.
I know now how to modify these names.
Thank you everybody.