Skip to main content
Topic: Enable quoting notification for all members (Read 1418 times) previous topic - next topic

Enable quoting notification for all members

Compared to 1.0 version, in elkarte 1.1 we also have notifications for our quoted messages. I like this feature, but I noted that once upgraded to 1.1.x this notification is disabled for all users. Is this correct or is just my forum?

Is there a way to enable this feature for all existing members?
sorry for my bad english

Re: Enable quoting notification for all members

Reply #1

I don't think I create a setting to change the notification settings for everybody.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It's a new feature, and once enabled globally all new registered users will have it enabled. Then why the old registered users should have it disabled? There is no such setting to enable it for all users, I know ;D but is there a way to enable it by running a query on database?

If it's not possible I will simply write on my forum inviting members to activate this option.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

There should be a table and a field in the database for this setting so a sql command should be possible too.  ;)

I still have no 1.1 at hand otherwise I could investigate further, sorry.

Reply #4

Quote from: radu81 – It's a new feature, and once enabled globally all new registered users will have it enabled.
Now that you mention that, I think that those that do not have changed the setting in their profile will have the default value (that should be simple notification).
There is actually a discrepancy between install and upgrade, because in the first case the defaults are inserted into the db, while in the upgrade the defaults are missing and only the existing notifications are converted.
So you can try with:
Code: [Select]
insert into {db_prefix}notifications_pref (id_member, notification_level, mention_type)
values (0, 1,'buddy'), (0, 1,'likemsg'), (0, 1, 'quotedmem'), (0, 1, 'rlikemsg'), ( 0, 1, 'mentionmem');
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.