Skip to main content
Topic: Forum top menu out of alignment? (Read 2877 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum top menu out of alignment?

I have another new problem which needs solving.
There is a type of sub-menu,  top of the forum (below the logo), the alignment is not quite correct the first link is covered (see pic) any idea what is causing this?

Re: Forum top menu out of alignment?

Reply #1

Once again... LINK! I tried to google Club126uk at no avail, it brings me to a 1.1.21 SMF...
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

So sorry.
The link to the new board is http://club126uk.co.uk/forum2/ it's still under development.

Reply #3

Did you edit the template to add that first "arrow"?
Because it is generated by an empty <li>, could you attach your index.template.php?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I cannot recall editing index.template.php. Please find attached the file in question

Reply #5

Addons installed?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

attached packages

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – Did you edit the template to add that first "arrow"?
Because it is generated by an empty <li>, could you attach your index.template.php?
For sure thats the problem, I'd suspect either simple portal or ultimate menu. 

Reply #8

I run both those on my sites and not had that happen.  Looks more like a custom edit may be the cause.

Reply #9

Ohh no, it's much easier: you emptied out the forum name and the first entry becomes empty.

Is there any particular reason to have the name empty?
I would discourage this practice, because it breaks several things, like most of the notifications that use the forum name in any place.

If it is just for the header layout, I'd suggest you to go to the theme settings and select for the "Header layout" the "Only logo" entry, then if you want the logo on the left side, just add to your custom.css:
Code: [Select]
.centerheader #logobox {
    float: left;
}
Anyway, I just noticed some less-than-optimal code in that area, I'll throw few tweaks in 1.0.5. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

emanuele your fix worked ;) Thank you

There was an edit :-[ with the settings.php file which I completely forgot about, and caused the problem. The line:
$mbname = 'My Community';
was changed to
$mbname = '';