Skip to main content
Topic: Redirect Boards to New Tab (Read 1714 times) previous topic - next topic

Redirect Boards to New Tab

I'd like to know, about making it so check mark a box in modify board, to have a redirect board open in new tab.
I know I am posting this in Support board, but was not too sure many people would care for this feature, so maybe move it there, if think it's better there, or in addon request board. I leave that up to the forum staff. ;)

Personally, I prefer not to send people completely away from my site, so having boards that redirect to other sites, even if my own, open in the tab the site is, takes them away from the site. I'd really prefer to have the redirect boards open in a new tab.

Re: Redirect Boards to New Tab

Reply #1

Not quite the same thing, but worth mention: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2258.0

And to set a target="_whateveritis" for redirecting boards, the place if GenericBoards.template.php, let's say, this:
Code: [Select]
<a href="', $board['href'], '" id="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a>';
should become something like:
Code: [Select]
<a', $board['is_redirect'] ? ' target="_blank"' : '', ' href="', $board['href'], '" id="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a>';
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Redirect Boards to New Tab

Reply #2

Worked like a charm. Thank you! :)