Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1.9 (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.1.9

Thinking it might be close to time to push out a 1.1.9.   Below is the current list of fixes/changes/enhancements since 1.1.8.  If there are other issues you know about, now is the time to let us know. 

Also there may be some ability to pull in a couple of 2.0 updates such as the "show more" on quotes and possibly part of Quick Quote or others.  TBH I've not looked in detail at any of that, just thinking about changes should backport with some ease.

So let me know, or not,:speak_no_evil:yer choice (and to head it off, not emoji to core, although I should update the 1.1 addon at some point)

• [bugfix] Proposed fix for #3518 expose clean_4byte_chars for use such that upload filenames may contain 4byte (emoji) symbols (ref).
  • [bugfix] Point to the correct wiki help endpoints (ref).
  • [bugfix] a 2 second cache is not useful (ref).
  • [bugfix] potential deflection for #3520 Can't reproduce the issue, could be a mod involved. (ref).
  • [bugfix] Viewing a ban group would result in a blank screen error (ref).
  • [Enhancement] Mobile view layout adjustments (ref).
  • [bugfix] Use the sanitized value (ref).
  • [Enhancement] Allow topic approval (QM action) from message index (ref).
  • [bugfix] _'s in url were escaped and need to be set back for email links (ref).
  • [bugfix] signature was used by PBE but never set (unapproved topic/post) (ref).
  • [bugfix] unapproved topic with oldTopicDays set would result in error (ref).
  • [bugfix] prevent undefined error in custom fields (ref).
  • [bugfix] consistent keyinfo layout helps with addons (ref).
  • [Enhancement] Cursor was left inside the quote (quote button) when in wizzy mode (ref).
  • [Enhancement] scroll into view works better then older location hash (ref).
  • [Enhancement] fix #3409 .icon_anchors should have transform for RTL (ref).
  • [bugfix] ila "share" button was being getting blocked by browser filters (ref).
  • [bugfix] point to the right site for addons, not the cname (ref).
  • [bugfix] the return path should not be set for sendmail, smtp does its own.  Also the syntax was not compliant. (ref).
  • [bugfix] Annoyance, after upload the "install package" was missing, if type was set as addon, from the upload completion page. (ref).
  • [bugfix] backport from 2.0, single line code was showing vertical scroll (ref).
  • [bugfix] fix #3407 clean up css for RTL buttons (ref).
  • [bugfix] PM were not updating reply to status/icon (ref).
  • [bugfix] toggling core features on/off could overflow db log_mentions status (ref).
  • [bugfix] gravatar avatar in account menu button would break with rating enabled (ref).
  • [bugfix] signature chars left was not working as expected (ref).
  • [bugfix] fix #3536 html2md was breaking plain text Links pulled in many processing enhancements from 2.0 (ref).
  • [bugfix] Increment some version numbers missed in #3566 (ref).
  • [Security] Make sure only return is an accepted type (ref).
  • [Enhancement] Changed like_button to react_button, likes_button to reacts_button, so that AdBlockPlus doesn't remove the likes button when Social Media Blocking is enabled (ref).
  • [bugfix] email search for non moderator, in case sensitive db, errors (ref).
  • [bugfix] error filters were not honoring asc/desc. 2.0 backport (ref).
  • [bugfix] Current base dir for attachments was not updating due to wrong location the parameter 2.0 backport (ref).
  • [bugfix] Converted missed functions in install files (ref).
  • [Enhancement] Moved functions to Util as more sensible place for them (ref).
  • [bugfix] PHP 8.1 Compat version of strftime (ref).
  • [bugfix] Missed pg_version needing a connection to work (ref).
  • [bugfix] Big change of all strftime and gm_strftime to elk_strftime and elk_gmstrftime (ref).
  • [bugfix] Updated Db-PostgreSQL to be PHP 8.1 compatible (ref).

Re: ElkArte 1.1.9

Reply #1

Since 2.0 beta is not yet released, to allow further test on the feature updates etc and get better feedback, I think they should be backported.

Reply #2

I've done some more work on my local and this is what I've added thus far.  Some of this was straight forward, some a bit more difficult due to changes in 2.0 vs 1.1.

• Quick Quote:  backport from 2.0, this is where you select text and you can quote that when using quick reply
  • Quote More:  this is a quote limiting function, so if someone quotes some longish post, its limited in the display view until you click the more button at the bottom of the quote.  Again a 2.0 backport
  • Quote Depth:  another 2.0 backport, but instead of allowing, or not, nested quotes, this allows you to limit them to a depth.
  • Webp Support ... This works in a couple of ways.  If you enable the option in the ACP , it will preferentially save images as webp where it can.  Figuring some may be concerned about browser support ( https://caniuse.com/?search=webp --  most have for the last several years).  So if you do not enable the option in the ACP but your installation supports them, and you allow webp extensions, then a transparent webp will be saved as a png and a non transparent one as a jpg.  This allows users to upload webp but the site will convert them to "universal" formats.
  • Webp support to avatars
  • Along with the above, the save avatars as PNG and thumbs as PNG options are gone.  The system will simply detect if the image has transparency and save as appropriate (Webp or if not enable then PNG or JPG)
  • Backported the video embed code refactoring from 2.0 and added tiktok support
  • Backported ILA code refactoring from 2.0.  There were a few edge cases that could cause problems, this should clean those up.  For example un approved attachments that were ILA'ed, plain attach tags not rendering, attachurl not working as it should, etc.
  • Backported open graph meta data and schema.org micro data to help with SEO
  • Fix several 8.1 bumps in the road
  • more:bug:stomped

Reply #3

Great. But don't need to push to much too, so may focus on releasing 2.0 beta.

Reply #4

TBH I didn't expect to see all this into 1.1, leave something for the 2.0 ;)