Skip to main content
Topic: [1.0.10] cursor position when using "quote" (Read 6724 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.0.10] cursor position when using "quote"

1. Start a post without typing a single character. Click on the quote BBC button.

The cursor jumps to this postion (marked in red): [quote] | [/quote] <-- No bug!

2. Write a post (at least some words). Place your cursor in a new line (or anywhere else, makes no difference). Click on the quote BBC button.

The cursor jumps to this postion (marked in red): [quote][/ | quote] <-- Bug!

Re: [1.0.10] cursor position when using "quote"

Reply #1

Browser?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Happens in FF using the WYSIWYG editor too.  Types right in the quote box.

Reply #4

I must be doing something different, but I can't reproduce that behavior yet.

Reply #5

I can reproduce some issue with the WYSIWYG (i.e. when clicking the quote BBC button the cursor basically disappears and I can't write unless I click inside the quote shape), but in with the non-WYSIWYG editor seems to work fine on my test site.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I am not using the WYSIWYG editor. I will make a video of it later when I'm home.

Reply #7

Maybe this will help?  Quoting using Quick Reply works fine.   Using the Reply page, then Insert Quote works fine.  If you aren't using Quick Reply, then click Quote from the post, the issue arises.  The cursor invariably goes in the Quote box.  It won't come out of the box, even with a hammer.  ;D

Reply #8

Oh, where's my video?  :o

Reply #9

I'm still having trouble creating these behavior(s) (at least on this site) .... sorry !  :'(

Reply #10

Quote from: Spuds – I'm still having trouble creating these behavior(s) (at least on this site) .... sorry !  :'(
Here is a replication example.
No matter what, I cannot type outside the quote box.

Reply #11

In your Look and Layout, enable WYSIWYG, and disable Quick Reply.  Quote directly from a user's post, not insert from below.

Reply #12

Well, that's strange. I can't replicate it now too!  :o  Not here and not in my board!  :o  :o

Reply #13

Quote from: badmonkey – In your Look and Layout, enable WYSIWYG, and disable Quick Reply.  Quote directly from a user's post, not insert from below.
Now that I could reproduce and it should be fixed here.
Quote from: Jorin – Well, that's strange. I can't replicate it now too!  :o  Not here and not in my board!  :o  :o
Well now I don't feel so bad :D ... could still be an error in there, something with a certain combination of options and how the quote gets inserted.  So many ways to do something can make it difficult to reproduce and fix.

Reply #14

Thanks Spuds!  You da man!!!  Woot!!!   ;D

Is there a fix for us?   ;)