Skip to main content
Topic: Go to top button (Read 4520 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Go to top button

Reply #15

No no, all is good. I just wanted to make clear that I don't want to loose the "go up/down" buttons in the desktop view.  ;)

Quote from: ahrasis – How is that related to many boards? Jump to is normally used to go to other board, right?

Please visit my board and scroll down. You see, you have to scroll a long way, and as logged in member the forum has some more categories and boards which you don't see as a guest. And there's no "go down to info center".  ;)

Re: Go to top button

Reply #16

Quote from: Jorin – No no, all is good. I just wanted to make clear that I don't want to loose the "go up/down" buttons in the desktop view.  ;)
Same with me here. It is useful for quick scrolling to top and bottom especially for forum with plenty of categories and boards like yours.

If you want it (go up / go down) to be in fixed obvious positions in all pages, while viewing in mobile, other than restoring the default, may be you can just customize your index.template.php, like this for example:

Find:
Code: [Select]
<form id="search_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=search;sa=results" method="post" accept-charset="UTF-8">
Add after that:
<a href="#bot" id="gobottom2" title="'. $txt['go_down']. '">↓</a>

And find:
theme_copyright(), '
</li>',
Change that to:
theme_copyright(), '
</li><a href="#top" id="gotop2" title="'. $txt['go_up']. '" style="float: right; padding-left: 10px;">↑</a>',

Hide it in normal view and show only in mobile view by adding this to custom.css:
#gobottom2, #gotop2 {
display:none;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 33.750em) {
#gobottom2, #gotop2 {
display: block;
float: right;
padding-left: 10px;
}
}

Or something like that... ;)