Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0.1 - Release announcement (Read 10262 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.0.1 - Release announcement

It has been almost a month since we declared ElkArte stable and released version 1.0.0 

Since then we have been hard at work fixing bugs that our helpful community have let us know about. We also discovered areas that would benefit from some tightened security so we took care of those as well. 

Since this is a "third-point (x.x.X)" (micro) release you will not find new features but only bug fixes and security updates to the code (and some small enhancements).
Refer to the release notes on the forum for a complete list of updates.

Upgrade procedure:
  • go to the page https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases/tag/v1.0.1
  • download the file ElkArte_1-0-1_patch.zip to your computer
  • go to your forum: Admin > Main > Package Manager > Upload Package
  • click the button to upload the package
  • locate and select the file you downloaded at point 2
  • click the "upload" button
  • follow the instructions on the screen.

For any question you may have, feel free to ask on the support forum.

It is vital that all sites update to this release, thank you for your continued support!
Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:54:37 am by Skull Knight
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.0.1 - Release announcement

Reply #1

support forum link above pointing to forum index. :D

where should I post update process failed? create a new topic?
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #2

For anyone that has SimplePortal installed ....

1) Be sure to uninstall SimplePortal prior to installing the patch
2) Apply the 1.0.1 patch,
3) get the latest SimplePortal package and install that on your 1.0.1 version

We made a couple of small enhancements in 1.0.1 that were originally in the SP package, but are now part of the core as they were quite helpful for other addons as well.

Reply #4

Quote from: Spuds – For anyone that has SimplePortal installed ....

1) Be sure to uninstall SimplePortal prior to installing the patch
2) Apply the 1.0.1 patch,
3) get the latest SimplePortal package and install that on your 1.0.1 version

We made a couple of small enhancements in 1.0.1 that were originally in the SP package, but are now part of the core as they were quite helpful for other addons as well.

Can I use the "old" version of portal.css after the patch and after installig the portal again?

Reply #5

QuoteCan I use the "old" version of portal.css after the patch and after installig the portal again?
Yes :D

Reply #6

Quote from: Spuds – 1) Be sure to uninstall SimplePortal prior to installing the patch

Oops, I’ve read it only now. Two days after installing the patch… :o
Shall I uninstall SimplePortal afterwards and install the new SimplePortal version then?

Um, on the bitbucket page for the download I can’t find a zip file for the portal...

Reply #7

I'm surprised you did not get some errors installing the patch, it should have complained about the first 4 edits in subs.php.

In any case, yes you should uninstall the 1.0,1 patch (it may complain about the first 4 edits in subs), then uninstall SP, then install the patch then install the latest version of SP. 

QuoteUm, on the bitbucket page for the download I can't find a zip file for the portal...
Sorry about that, I removed it while I was making a few fixes for bugs that were reported.  Its been restored.

Reply #8

I just upgraded from RC2 to 101 and so far, it works great. I'll be porting some more smf mods/addons and will upgrade three addons that I already ported here.

I might need some help with understanding layer system so I don't need to modify Elk's file(s) in the future. Do help me with this.

Reply #9

Good luck @ahrasis

Reply #10

That's what I need @meetdilip. Thank you.

Reply #11

Quote from: ahrasis – I just upgraded from RC2 to 101 and so far, it works great. I'll be porting some more smf mods/addons and will upgrade three addons that I already ported here.
Just to be sure: did you run the "update.php" (or upgrade.php don't remember at the moment) file in the 1.0.1 patch?
There were a couple of changes to the database in 1.0.1 and that step is needed for few things to work properly. ;)

Quote from: ahrasis – I might need some help with understanding layer system so I don't need to modify Elk's file(s) in the future. Do help me with this.
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/wiki/Template-layers :D
It may be improved as always. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: ahrasis – I just upgraded from RC2 to 101 and so far, it works great. I'll be porting some more smf mods/addons and will upgrade three addons that I already ported here.
Just to be sure: did you run the "update.php" (or upgrade.php don't remember at the moment) file in the 1.0.1 patch?
There were a couple of changes to the database in 1.0.1 and that step is needed for few things to work properly. ;)

Quote from: ahrasis – I might need some help with understanding layer system so I don't need to modify Elk's file(s) in the future. Do help me with this.
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/wiki/Template-layers :D
It may be improved as always. ;)
For the first one, I did not. I better check then.

For the second one, thank you. I will try to see how I can benefit from the layer system.

Reply #13

Are there any modifications to the code of a template?

Reply #14

If you have a look at the release notes I prefixed all the changes to the theme with "[theme]" and maybe some "[enhancement]" may have tweaks to the theme a swell.
Each fix should have a link to the corresponding commit, in few cases the link is not there because several commits were involved, if you need info on any of them feel free to ask. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.