Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0.2 - Release announcement (Read 13933 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.0.2 - Release announcement

Reply #15

Quote from: ant59 – I'm having an issue updating. When I submit the patch installation page, it hangs for about 5 minutes, then returns to the submission page again, no errors, no confirmation. What am I doing wrong?
Try uploading the unzipped package.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Seems to have turned out to be an FTP problem. Does Elkarte handle SFTP? I chmod-ed the files to 777 and the patch installed practically instantly.

Reply #17

Glad it worked out for you.

Reply #18

Quote from: ant59 – Seems to have turned out to be an FTP problem. Does Elkarte handle SFTP?
Not at the moment.
I looked around a while ago for libraries tu support SFTP, but never managed to decide what to do...

Quote from: ant59 – I chmod-ed the files to 777 and the patch installed practically instantly.
YAY! :D (For the install, a bit less for having to go 777...)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

Congrats Team ElkArte :thumbsup:

Reply #20

I can't have fun with the page numbers blinking effect anymore since you updated here as well :'(
Jokes aside, congratz guys ;)
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #21

It seems like the announcement should have specifically called out that it hijacks and overwrites the avatar settings.  I recall reading it here in other threads but had forgotten and didn't notice until I got PMs from forum members that things had changed.  Seriously, if you're going to turn an option like gravatar back on in an update you really should make that completely explicit.  A line saying simplified settings and permissions does not cover it.

Reply #22

Ouch, I'm sorry!
That's even why I wrote the notification box to warn admins there were changes... :(

If you installed the patch from the package manager of if you run the update.php in the patch, you should have seen a green box with a link to the admin > credits and support page, that explains it was not possible to properly migrate the avatar settings and to check the avatars page.
BTW, could you check if the text in the page is there? I wouldn't have messed up something... :-[
It should be the second block "Latest noteworthy updates".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

The text is in the support and credits section, but I never thought to look there since the update passed it's checks using the package manager and said it installed ok.  In the future can warnings like that go in the box announcing the new release please?

Reply #24

Yep, they will.
My fault as usual, it was supposed to show a box like the attached one, but because of a bug it didn't show... I'm really sorry for the trouble. I'll commit the fix immediately.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

Cool.  And no worries.  Just passing on feedback for future releases.