Skip to main content
Topic: Session Verification Error! (Read 11814 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Session Verification Error!

Reply #30

admin -> server settings -> cookies and sessions -> "Use database driven sessions"

And it should be on that page for cookies secure

Reply #31

I got ninja'ed, but posting anyway :D

Is this happening for everyone or just some users?

The Cookie settings are under Admin -> Server Settings -> Cookies and Sessions

What do you have in those settings?   As VB said, you can try to turn off DB driven sessions just and see if that fixes things.  After a "bit" you should be able to re-enable that if wanted (but I'd clear the sessions table first)

As others have said, 1.0.x works fine on 7.1 or 7.2 ... I run sites like that w/o any issues, so the problem is something simple, finding it can be the hard part !

Reply #32

Attaching my settings in full. Disabling cookies and database sessions did not work, but having done so, I could log in using incognito mode. Hope these images attached may render new ideas.

Reply #34

1.0.9 is not the latest, try to patch it with 1.0.10 if you intend to use that 1.0 branch, which is no longer supported.

Anyway, I did post somewhere in this forum a fix for php7.2.

However, a smarter move will be to move on to 1.1 branch, 1.1.5 to be exact.

Reply #35

I know, I have tried to patch the forum and there is some strange problem with the upgrade tool that just makes it freeze.
Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:02:03 am by Auctor Lucan

Reply #36

I wonder if now it is a cache/cookies issue. Since you said it work in incognito mode.

Reply #37

Eureka!

See attachment for the settings required to kill this elusive g'damn PHP 7.1 bug when using a 1.0.X version of Elkarte. Important:
1) Rename the cookie (!)
2) Use subdomain independent cookies = ON
3) Force cookies to be secure = OFF
4) Use database driven sessions = OFF
5) Lastly (!), clear the "Sessions" table in the database

Doing this made my 1.0.9 Elkarte version run on PHP 7.1, meaning that the Session Verification Error didn't appear, and my members could still use the forum. There were, however, a couple of other things that broke when switching to PHP 7.1, and I was wondering if there are present patches/fixes for these errors:

1) Mentions function, and name drop-down menus when sending Personal Messages no longer works. When we begin typing the name in the "To:" field, it doesn't generate any names any more. Does this have anything to do with the "Create" bug earlier mentioned?

2) When trying to edit Pages belonging to Simple Portal, no edit is made and you get a 500 Error white screen. I do, however, have the "1.0.0 Beta 1" version of SimplePortal installed. Can I get a link to the newest version to see if that helps?

Thanks in advance, and good riddance to have killed that g'damn elusive bug.

EDIT: Yes, I will be switching to 1.1.5 soon, when I have built a second forum as a fresh install from scratch, with the theme and the database and everything. Until then, however, I would love to get help with 1 and 2 above.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #38

Glad you solved! (At least partially.)
Sorry for disappearing, but I've been a bit sick... :-\

Can you check the error log to see if anything is in there regarding mentions and names suggestions?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #39

Here is what I've found so far in that regard. See attachment.

I might be able to get more error logs later, but what about Simple Portal and the Mentions Drop-Down addons, what's the latest versions there? Has there been any fixes or patches made lately that I can try?

Thanks in advance! :)

Reply #40

For the addons you have to refer to the respective addons page as some of them has been discussed or fixed there.

For EA 1.0.10, check my post here: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=4807.msg34984#msg34984

I would suggest them to be added to 1.0.11 but I think it already agreed that there'll be no 1.0.11 after 1.0.10.

Reply #41

Hi!

Quote from: ahrasis – For the addons you have to refer to the respective addons page as some of them has been discussed or fixed there.

For EA 1.0.10, check my post here: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=4807.msg34984#msg34984

I would suggest them to be added to 1.0.11 but I think it already agreed that there'll be no 1.0.11 after 1.0.10.

Thank you! Did you do something like this for 1.1.5 too?

Reply #42

Nope. As I mentioned there it was while I was using 1.0. 1.1.5 is already good with php7.2 so far.

Reply #43

Thanks Ahrasis!

Quote from: emanuele – Glad you solved! (At least partially.)
Sorry for disappearing, but I've been a bit sick... :-\

Can you check the error log to see if anything is in there regarding mentions and names suggestions?

I may have found the trouble with the lack of name suggestions, @emanuele , when trying to send Personal Messages and getting names for Mentions. See attachment and the mention of Line 80.

Quote            $context['xml_data'] = $suggest->$currentSearch['function']();
         }
         // Let's maintain the "namespace" action_suggest_
         elseif (function_exists('action_suggest_' . $currentSearch['function']))
         {
            $function = 'action_suggest_' . $searchTypes[$_REQUEST['suggest_type']];
            $context['xml_data'] = $function();
         }

if (!empty($context['xml_data']))
            $context['sub_template'] = 'generic_xml';

As for the Password Hatch thing at the top, the broken off text in the top one, it says: "8192: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PasswordHash has a deprecated constructor"

Hope you guys can help me! :)

Reply #44

Question, @ahrasis , regarding below:

Quote from: ahrasis – For the addons you have to refer to the respective addons page as some of them has been discussed or fixed there.

I tried to do this but it didn't work out, then I saw that the code shown were from two different instances in the contents of the file. Could you please give me the lines affected or a complete file to replace my broken one? Thanks in advance!