Skip to main content
Topic: [RC1] MRZ not found in language files (Read 4449 times) previous topic - next topic

[RC1] MRZ not found in language files

I use the german language files and in my forum index I found a "MRZ" which seems to stand for "März" / "March". But I cannot find this in my language files?!? :o

Re: [RC1] MRZ not found in language files

Reply #1

Where exactly did you find it? ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

In forum index. I changed all the month descriptions in the language files, but I do not find this one. Maybe it's in a template file?

Reply #3

I think that is coming right from PHP and your server, part of setlocale() and strftime() functions.

What do you have set in $txt['lang_locale'] = Its this value that your server needs to "know" If its de_DE could you try de_DE.utf8 and see what happens?

Reply #4

Should we drop one of the two?
Maybe the one that relies on the server?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Possible ... we could just rely on the

// Do-it-yourself time localization section

and drop the one that depends on the server in the standardTime function.   I'm honestly not knowledgeable on all the nuances of that function.  Easy to test by setting that txt['lang_locale'] to something like 'xx_xx' I think

Reply #6

Quote from: Spuds – I think that is coming right from PHP and your server, part of setlocale() and strftime() functions.What do you have set in $txt['lang_locale'] = Its this value that your server needs to "know" If its de_DE could you try de_DE.utf8 and see what happens?
I had "de_DE". Have tried "de_DE.utf8" and it helps! Yippie! :)

Reply #7

Glad it helped  :D

Reply #8

Back on this, recently I saw another weird thing coming from the server:
http://www.italiansmf.net/forum/index.php?topic=1099.0
Instead of a capital "S", the server function was returning the "latin small letter long s": http://graphemica.com/ſ
To "fix" the problem I suggested to just exclude the server entirely with a false && in the conditional.
And the forum is UTF-8.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

I think that means the server does not have the language files installed for the given set local (or incomplete ones). 

So you can try $txt['lang_locale'] = 'it_IT.utf8'; or $txt['lang_locale'] = 'it_IT'; or $txt['lang_locale'] = ''; .. its really a crap shoot on what a server might have.  I love the big fat warning about setlocal on windows machines as well.