Skip to main content
Topic: Strange layout change when SCEditor on page (Read 1991 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange layout change when SCEditor on page

Okay, just noticed this on the new site I'm doing, and it seems to be affecting several of my forums now, so I think it may be theme related to my theme I made.

When go to new post, or in SimplePortal, edit block or page, then it changes.
The forum width gets smaller, as does the fonts, etc.

I have test account on my theme site for anyone who wants to check it out, just post here, and I'll PM the login info.

http://www.bkethemes.cc.nf

I can't show via screenshots, as it would not be noticeable to people, unless go and see for self.

Re: Strange layout change when SCEditor on page

Reply #1

In your themes jquery.sceditor.css file you have
Code: [Select]
html>body>p, html>body>div {
font: 83.33%/150% "Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Liberation Sans", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, sans-serif;
}
Which is different than what you declared in index.css  ... I'm not sure that declarion is needed or not but the font size needs to be the same since most everything in the theme is defined in em units. 

Reply #2

Tried to change it, and no effect on those pages.
Strange....

Reply #3

did you try and just remove it then?

Reply #4

Well, no... I just changed to what you posted was in the jquery.sceditor.css file.
Should I remove from index.css or jquery.sceditor.css?

Reply #5

Remove it from the jquery.sceditor.css file and see what it does then ... those font sizes can really cascade on you, ending up being a % of a % of a %

Reply #6

Worked like a charm.
But now, as the index.css file was default for that, and the jquery.sceditor.css file was never edited by me, how the heck did this happen? LOL