Skip to main content
Topic: Shrink Icon Missing (Read 2880 times) previous topic - next topic

Shrink Icon Missing

Yup. I got the shrink icon missing and I am not sure why. Menu icons are still showing in mobile / smaller screen view. How do I fix this?

It's the default theme at http://elkarte.sch.my.

Re: Shrink Icon Missing

Reply #1

Well...
Code: [Select]
<span id="upshrink" class="collapse" style="display: none;" title="Shrink or expand the header."></span>
Should tell you everything :-X
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

Not really. It doesn't tell me anything. Recalling back what I did, however, does. But thanks for highlighting that.

I suppose it was the effect of asynchronous JavaScript addon. I uninstall it, and now the shrink icon is back on. My guess is jquery was not properly loaded due to the addon. I'll make further observation and research about it.

Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:19:23 pm by ahrasis

Reply #3

Not sure how a display: none can have anything to do with that, but ok O:-)

Reply #4

Quote from: ahrasis – I suppose it was the effect of asynchronous JavaScript addon.
Very likely that's the issue.
As I said somewhere else, load everything asynchronously (or delayed) is not safe because most of the inline javascript expects to have the code ready before being run. On a localhost, the time for loading a js file is most likely close to zero, so you don't see any difference, but when you go live, load the file takes more time and is delayed up until after the inline js bits, that way the inline js is not run and you obtain errors.

@Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) if you don't see the issue is just because you don't know the toggle is js-based, if js is not available is pointless to have the toggle, so the arrow is display:none to begin with, then via js is reverted to display... something so that if js is present the toggle is actually displayed.

hmm... @Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) ? Nope, apparently something in your nick breaks the mentioning. Darn you bug!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Glad it helped :P Parenthesis or "#", much likely. Eheheheh I can't be mentioned :D Try now, will remove the parenthesis.

Reply #6

@Flavio93Zena #OpIsis yeah it's the parenthesis.