Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1 beta 2 - Release announcement (Read 8816 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.1 beta 2 - Release announcement

The ElkArte Community is pleased to announce that the second beta release of ElkArte 1.1 is now available. This beta release is made available to allow a broad user base to test and evaluate the first minor update of ElkArte but is not recommended for production use at this stage.

In order to help us release ElkArte, users of the beta release are encouraged to report any bugs, issues or errors at our GitHub Issue Tracker.

If you are nervous about reporting bugs through the formal bug reporting system, you can simply report your issues to our user community at ElkArte.net.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on this beta release of ElkArte!

Download the package from:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases/tag/v1.1.0-beta.2

Some recommendations
Starting from 1.1 the install and upgrade packages have been unified, so the same package will be used for both install a new forum and upgrade an existing previous version of ElkArte (e.g. 1.0).
As usual, do not try to upgrade a live forum, as stated earlier this is a development version, so you should use it for testing only. Of course if you are mad brave enough to use it live... well pay attention it can have bugs. The amount  is currently not sure.

Some instruction
  • Upgrading from 1.0: in this case, overwrite all the files with those in the package of the release, run install/upgrade.php and enjoy the new version.
  • Updating from beta 1: unzip the package, overwrite all the files of your testing forum with the new ones, delete the install directory, and enjoy the new version.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.1 beta 2 - Release announcement

Reply #2

Version in the footer for this update is now 1.0?

Reply #3

Yay! Now I can continue to harass ema on github :D

Reply #4

Quote from: ahrasis – Version in the footer for this update is now 1.0?
DAMMIT!
Again...

Sorry, I'll re-upload it, my mistake.
This last two months were not really good for releases...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

The correct file is now up.
Sorry again for the mistake... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Ok. I got the new one now.

Reply #7

Thank you! I just got the new one
Sorry in advance for bad english, stupid comments and links. A useful one can be found below:
Forum support - have a look here